02/01/13 07:34 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Iran has successfully tested two missiles during the the naval drills in the Strait of Hormuz.
One was a Qadar coast-to-coast missile, which was said to have hit its mock target.
The other was a long-range surface-to-surface Nour missile.
The military exercises, in one of the world’s most important oil trade routes, are meant to demonstrate Iran’s capability to defend itself and send a message of peace and friendship to neighbouring countries, according to Tehran.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Latest world news
“Three Amigos” summit presents a united front
Both Britain’s main political parties seem headed for leadership battles
The EU’s 27 leaders “unite” as they view the future minus the UK
euronews reporter trapped on the tarmac as airport attack raged
Turkey mourns as the first funeral takes place of a victim from the Istanbul airport attack
Wires > News
- 08:29 CET At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 07:07 CET Mongolia’s opposition MPP sweeps back to power on country’s…
- 06:41 CET Philippines’ Duterte sworn as president, rails against crime
- 05:29 CET China slams South China Sea case as court set to rule
- 05:01 CET North Korea’s Dear Respected Comrade leader gets a new title
- 03:12 CET At Pacific Alliance summit, Chile warns against isolationism
- 02:26 CET U.S. says Russian ship raised false signal in incident
- 02:22 CET U.S.-led strikes pound Islamic State in Iraq, kill 250 fighters