Iran has successfully tested two missiles during the the naval drills in the Strait of Hormuz.
One was a Qadar coast-to-coast missile, which was said to have hit its mock target.
The other was a long-range surface-to-surface Nour missile.
The military exercises, in one of the world’s most important oil trade routes, are meant to demonstrate Iran’s capability to defend itself and send a message of peace and friendship to neighbouring countries, according to Tehran.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 10Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 11NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 13‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 19Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 20Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
Latest world news
Tsakalotos reveals notes but no new proposals at Eurogroup
Al Shabaab kills quarry workers in Kenya gun attack
Migrant dies in Channel Tunnel after jumping on UK-bound train
Tourists gored by bulls during San Fermin ‘bull run’
Portugal’s former first lady Maria Barroso has died aged 90
Wires > News
- 18:03 CET Suspect in Charleston church shooting indicted on nine murder…
- 17:15 CET Bomb kills dozens in north Nigeria, gunmen open fire on crowd
- 17:13 CET Pakistan kills leader of anti-Shi’ite militants in southwest
- 17:10 CET U.S. only training 60 Syrian fighters, far below expectations
- 17:00 CET Sponsors of Colombian peace talks worry over escalation of war
- 16:38 CET Cartoonist cyber-bullied as Greek politics turn sour
- 15:49 CET Turning 18, Malala says she’ll remain ‘voice of children’
- 15:11 CET Six powers and Iran to continue nuclear talks past deadline – EU