At least 60 people have been crushed to death after attending a New Year’s Eve fireworks display in Ivory Coast.
One report said that more than 100 people were injured in the apparent stampede close to a stadium in Abidjan, the country’s largest city.
It is unclear what caused the crush.
The victims are said to include many children.
Wires > News
- 01:31 CET Australia PM Turnbull confirms will call election for July 2
- 01:15 CET Brazil prosecutor asks Supreme Court to investigate Lula
- 00:01 CET Russia delays U.N. council condemnation of North Korea missile…
- 23:10 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- 21:53 CET Proposed Irish government to prioritise spending over tax cuts -…
- 20:56 CET Liberian presidential candidate Weah’s lawyers to go to U.S. over…
- 20:30 CET EU executive to propose reforming asylum system
- 19:57 CET Kenya says arrests key member of militant group plotting attacks