At least 60 people have been crushed to death after attending a New Year’s Eve fireworks display in Ivory Coast.
One report said that more than 100 people were injured in the apparent stampede close to a stadium in Abidjan, the country’s largest city.
It is unclear what caused the crush.
The victims are said to include many children.
- 1Istanbul attack: suspects thought to hail from former USSR
- 2UK: who are the Famous Five?
- 3Putin rejects new arms race and builds bridges with Turkey
- 4The EU’s 27 leaders ‘unite’ as they view the future minus the UK
- 5Brussels summit closes with questions on how the European Union will function in the future in the wake of Brexit
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 01:56 CET U.S. urges leaders of Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid tensions
- 01:51 CET Woman dies, children hurt in Bahrain bomb blast – police
- 01:44 CET Trump floats idea of using NATO in fight against Islamic State
- 01:32 CET Document spells out FBI rules to get journalists’ phone records -…
- 01:15 CET Lower voting age leaves many wondering ‘Where’s Japan’s Bernie?‘
- 01:12 CET Hopes for democracy crushed in the Chinese rebel village of Wukan
- 00:53 CET Obama administration calls on private sector to assist refugees
- 23:10 CET U.S., Russia discuss Syria cooperation if Assad halts some strikes