At least 60 people have been crushed to death after attending a New Year’s Eve fireworks display in Ivory Coast.
One report said that more than 100 people were injured in the apparent stampede close to a stadium in Abidjan, the country’s largest city.
It is unclear what caused the crush.
The victims are said to include many children.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 2Social networks respond to mystery sign language and Obama ‘selfie’ at Mandela memorial
- 3Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 4US considers sanctions against Ukraine as Yanukovych’s offer of talks with the opposition is rejected
- 5Catherine Ashton in talks with Ukraine about a trade agreement with Europe
- 1Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 2Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 3Riot police raid Kyiv’s central square
- 4What’s God got to do with it?, asks Nobel Prize in Physics winner
- 5Italy: ‘Pitchfork protesters’ disrupt road and rail travel in protest at state of economy
- 16:20 CET U.S. general who opened Guantanamo prison says shut it down
- 15:55 CET Mainstream parties clinch Austrian coalition deal
- 15:44 CET U.S. targets more groups over Iran’s nuclear program
- 15:35 CET Economist favourite to be named next Somali prime minister
- 15:17 CET Outmuscled Syrian opposition seeks protection from al Qaeda
- 15:11 CET Catalonia sets independence question, Spain says it won’t happen
- 15:11 CET Colombian president’s ratings move up again, would win election
- 14:47 CET Nigeria’s Jonathan told not to stand in 2015 by mentor Obasanjo