US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is in hospital being treated for a blood clot, linked to concussion from a fall earlier this month.
The 65-year-old has been out of the spotlight since mid-December after she fainted and banged her head while recovering from a stomach virus.
Mrs Clinton is being given anti-coagulants in a hospital in New York.
Officials say her condition is improving and have played down suggestions that it is anything more serious.
The clot was discovered by doctors monitoring her health following the fall. She is expected to be in hospital for the next 48 hours.
She had been due back at her desk next Monday.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 2Muslims around the world get set to celebrate the ending of Ramadan
- 3Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Norway terror threat raised
- 1EU targets top Russian officials in new sanctions
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Hamas announces new Gaza truce after Israel restarts military assault amid rocket fire
- 4Norway terror threat raised
- 5Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 347 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Wires > News
- 10:46 CET Lavrov says Russia will not respond in kind to Western sanctions
- 09:56 CET Islamist militants kill 18 civilians in Philippines
- 09:45 CET Russia says hopeful Malaysia jet crash investigation will be…
- 09:39 CET Sri Lankan asylum seekers in Australia limbo could sue government
- 09:13 CET Pakistan mob kills woman, girls, over ‘blasphemous’ Facebook post
- 08:54 CET China says may have citizens fighting in Iraq
- 08:38 CET Australia cracks opens door to foreign submarine build
- 08:23 CET Australian police to renew bid to access Ukraine crash site