A group of Spanish mothers has decided to bare all to save their school bus line.
The action for a calendar is aimed at raising some 43,000 euros after regional authorities in Montserrat, near Valencia, decided to restrict local pick-ups as part of a cost-cutting exercise.
The problem is, the mothers’ say, that now they and their children have a six kilometre walk over unpaved roads to get to class.
“The rule relates to straight line routes but those can’t be applied here as the straight line route from our village has a mountain in the middle and a massive quarry, so it’s impossible to do,” said one of the pupil’s mothers at Evaristo Calatayud school.
Stripping off has proved to be an effective fund-raiser for good causes in the past, so the mothers’ have high hopes their New Year calendar will soon see them and their kids back on public transport.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 3Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 4Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
- 5What is behind Turkey’s recent diplomatic push?
Latest world news
EU 27 meet in Brussels – and the UK is not invited
World condemns Turkey airport attack
Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
European Union leaders speak with one voice over Istanbul airport attacks
Wires > News
- 12:11 CET Istanbul airport attack killed 23 Turkish citizens, 13 foreign…
- 12:05 CET Erdogan’s phone call with Putin ‘very productive’ – Turkish…
- 11:58 CET New Philippine defence chief says militant threat more pressing…
- 10:00 CET India’s top court refuses to hear gay-sex ban challenge
- 09:17 CET Syria rebels battle IS at Iraqi border, aim to cut ‘caliphate’ in…
- 09:14 CET Malaysian police probe grenade attack, checking credibility of …
- 07:46 CET As Duterte takes over in Philippines, police killings stir fear
- 06:05 CET Exclusive: U.S. to upgrade Thailand in annual human trafficking…