There has been record-breaking snowfall in Montreal as blizzards continue to batter North America.
At least 45 centimetres fell on Thursday, beating the high of 41 centimetres in March 1971.
The snow is causing travel chaos on roads during the busy holiday break.
“The snow is too thick. We didn’t know it was a snowstorm, so we came here for a vacation, and now we’re stuck here I guess. We don’t know what to do right now,” said tourist Dany Duong
Over 1,000 trucks are in action plowing streets across Montreal on Friday.
Unfortunately, some motorists are beyond their help, like one man struggling to dig his car out of the snow without the right tools.
“I left my shovel and other stuff inside (the car), and I left them yesterday night. Basically I am pretty much stuck,” he said.
At least 16 people have died in the United States, as the same snow storms cause misery for travellers there.
One of the worst hit states is Indiana, which has been covered with 40 centimetres of snow in some places.
Traffic on motorways is a standstill and more than 100 flights have been cancelled.
- 1Orthodox Jew ‘repeats’ Jerusalem Gay Pride stabbing attack
- 2Migrant crisis becomes hot political issue in Britain and France
- 3Ukraine: Civilians killed in shelling amid fragile truce
- 4Palestinian toddler killed in ‘terrorist’ arson attack, says Israel
- 5Greek PM suggests party referendum to overcome split in Syriza
- 1Greek PM suggests party referendum to overcome split in Syriza
- 2Russia vetoes UN resolution to try suspects in MH17 crash in Ukraine
- 3What’s gone wrong with Rome?
- 4MH370: wreckage found on island ‘almost certainly’ from Boeing 777
- 5Missing MH370 flight : Plane wreckage washed up on Reunion Island is tested
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Latest world news
US Marines face a reduction in numbers in the debate over defense cuts
French ferry workers burn tyres to block Calais port
Suspected Malaysia Airlines debris en route to France for inspection
Revenge calls as Palestinian boy dies in ‘Jewish settler’ arson attack
UK-France migrant crisis: Cameron pledges sniffer dogs and fencing
Wires > News
- 19:22 CET ‘Temporary’ not guilty plea entered for Charleston suspect
- 19:18 CET Early poll prospects grow as Turkish air strikes muddy coalition…
- 19:17 CET Reports of Haqqani network founder’s death, but family denies
- 19:14 CET Germany suspends treason probe against news website
- 18:51 CET Turkish warplanes hit Kurdish PKK militant targets in northern…
- 18:49 CET Zimbabwe calls for extradition of Cecil the lion’s killer
- 18:48 CET Al Qaeda in Syria says detains U.S-trained rebels
- 18:45 CET In a Yemen hospital, malnutrition menaces young lives