There has been record-breaking snowfall in Montreal as blizzards continue to batter North America.
At least 45 centimetres fell on Thursday, beating the high of 41 centimetres in March 1971.
The snow is causing travel chaos on roads during the busy holiday break.
“The snow is too thick. We didn’t know it was a snowstorm, so we came here for a vacation, and now we’re stuck here I guess. We don’t know what to do right now,” said tourist Dany Duong
Over 1,000 trucks are in action plowing streets across Montreal on Friday.
Unfortunately, some motorists are beyond their help, like one man struggling to dig his car out of the snow without the right tools.
“I left my shovel and other stuff inside (the car), and I left them yesterday night. Basically I am pretty much stuck,” he said.
At least 16 people have died in the United States, as the same snow storms cause misery for travellers there.
One of the worst hit states is Indiana, which has been covered with 40 centimetres of snow in some places.
Traffic on motorways is a standstill and more than 100 flights have been cancelled.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 3Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 4Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 5Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 6British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 7Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 8Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 9Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 10Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Thousands ‘evade’ Ebola lockdown in Sierra Leone | euronews, world news
- 16Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 17European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 18Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 19International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 20Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 11:28 CET China likely will never open all files on painful past, official…
- 11:09 CET Japan to send team to North Korea for update on abductions
- 10:30 CET Japanese PM Abe suffers setback as two ministers quit
- 10:10 CET Reform-minded outsider Widodo takes over as Indonesia’s president
- 09:48 CET U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near…
- 09:28 CET Polish president wants euro decision after 2015 vote – report
- 05:50 CET Mexico feds to replace 13 local police forces suspected of crime…
- 05:17 CET Famed US-born translator and Chinese citizen, dies aged 98