There has been record-breaking snowfall in Montreal as blizzards continue to batter North America.
At least 45 centimetres fell on Thursday, beating the high of 41 centimetres in March 1971.
The snow is causing travel chaos on roads during the busy holiday break.
“The snow is too thick. We didn’t know it was a snowstorm, so we came here for a vacation, and now we’re stuck here I guess. We don’t know what to do right now,” said tourist Dany Duong
Over 1,000 trucks are in action plowing streets across Montreal on Friday.
Unfortunately, some motorists are beyond their help, like one man struggling to dig his car out of the snow without the right tools.
“I left my shovel and other stuff inside (the car), and I left them yesterday night. Basically I am pretty much stuck,” he said.
At least 16 people have died in the United States, as the same snow storms cause misery for travellers there.
One of the worst hit states is Indiana, which has been covered with 40 centimetres of snow in some places.
Traffic on motorways is a standstill and more than 100 flights have been cancelled.
- 1Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people
- 2Japanese volcano erupts on nuclear power station island
- 3Aleppo: Germany and Turkey come up with a 10-point action plan
- 4Pegida fails to ignite as Europe-wide anti-Muslim protests fizzle
- 5One of world’s biggest container ships stranded on German river
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 4Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 5Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 8Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 9Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 10Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 18Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 19Evo Morales celebrates his birthday by playing football
- 20Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
Wires > News
- 10:02 CET Taiwan developer arrested after deadly quake fells building
- 10:01 CET Wave of Aden killings tests Gulf role in Yemen
- 09:57 CET Four dead, 150 hurt in train crash in Bavaria – German police
- 09:38 CET Indian soldier pulled out alive after six days buried in snow
- 08:55 CET Trump versus Jeb in New Hampshire on day before crucial primary
- 08:39 CET U.S. troop reinforcements head for embattled southern Afghan…
- 08:09 CET Politics, princess’s trial cast Spain’s King Felipe in testing role
- 07:42 CET Thai-U.S. security ties still feel chill of 2014 coup