There has been record-breaking snowfall in Montreal as blizzards continue to batter North America.
At least 45 centimetres fell on Thursday, beating the high of 41 centimetres in March 1971.
The snow is causing travel chaos on roads during the busy holiday break.
“The snow is too thick. We didn’t know it was a snowstorm, so we came here for a vacation, and now we’re stuck here I guess. We don’t know what to do right now,” said tourist Dany Duong
Over 1,000 trucks are in action plowing streets across Montreal on Friday.
Unfortunately, some motorists are beyond their help, like one man struggling to dig his car out of the snow without the right tools.
“I left my shovel and other stuff inside (the car), and I left them yesterday night. Basically I am pretty much stuck,” he said.
At least 16 people have died in the United States, as the same snow storms cause misery for travellers there.
One of the worst hit states is Indiana, which has been covered with 40 centimetres of snow in some places.
Traffic on motorways is a standstill and more than 100 flights have been cancelled.
- 1Warning or no warning – tension grows between Russia and Turkey over downed jet
- 2Russian co-pilot says his plane downed “without warning” by Turks
- 3Germany will ‘do more’ to fight ISIL, says Merkel
- 4No violation, no warning, a premediatated provocation growls Moscow
- 5Turkey’s NATO ambassador defends downing of Russian fighter jet
- 1Paris attacker Abdelhamid Abaaoud ‘returned to scene of shootings’
- 2Russia says second SU-24 crew member safe and back at base in Syria
- 3Turkey insists it seeks no fight with Russia on its Syrian border as Russia boosts air base defences
- 4Calls for calm as tensions rise over Turkish downing of Russian jet
- 5Fate of pilots of downed Russian jet unclear
- 1At least 22 people killed as Mali hotel siege ends
- 2Fate of pilots of downed Russian jet unclear
- 3Russia confirms Turks have shot down one of its planes on Syrian border
- 4Five questions on Russia’s air strikes in Syria
- 5Hasna Aitboulahcen did not detonate a suicide vest during the St. Denis shoot out
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 13New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 16‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 17Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 20Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
Latest world news
Britain’s parliament debates Cameron’s call to air war in Syria
Kremlin gets tough on Turkish food imports
Hollande adds Italy to his coalition before heading to Moscow
Pope disgusted by ‘barbarous attacks’ in God’s name
Southern Australia burns as fatal bushfires destroy wildlife and livestock
Wires > News
- 15:03 CET ‘Putin is not forever’, says daughter of slain opposition leader
- 14:46 CET Afghan president sacks security officials over fall of Kunduz
- 14:44 CET Insight – Bad Saudi PR fuels riyal devaluation talk
- 14:37 CET Analysis – More war, diplomacy not seen breaking Syria stalemate
- 14:30 CET Belgian police mount raid south of Brussels – media
- 14:28 CET Opposition activist’s murder shakes Venezuela before election
- 14:11 CET Cameron says time to bomb militants in Syria
- 14:10 CET Tunisia says identifies bus attack suicide bomber, makes 30 arrests