Indian authorities say a policeman who was wounded during recent clashes in New Delhi has died.
47-year-old Police Constable Subhash Tomar had been deployed at the India Gate monument to help restore order in the centre of the city.
He was one of more than 50 policemen who were injured by an angry mob.
There have been huge protests in the capital in recent days after a young woman was gangraped and thrown from a bus.
The gruesome attack on the 23-year-old student has shocked the nation and highlighted the plight of women in India where sexual and violent crimes are on the rise.
Wires > News
- 22:57 CET Obama expects U.S. to admit 10,000 Syrian refugees this year
- 22:36 CET Scores arrested in violence at French labour law protests
- 22:15 CET Brazil prosecutors charge Rousseff campaign strategist
- 21:25 CET U.S. urges ASEAN unity on South China Sea ruling; warns China on…
- 21:15 CET Biden to meet Kurdish officials in unannounced visit to Erbil
- 20:18 CET Air strikes on Aleppo hospital kill doctors and children
- 19:56 CET Hundreds protest against student’s killing in Khartoum
- 19:49 CET U.S.-backed Syrian fighters battle insurgents north of Aleppo…