Indian authorities say a policeman who was wounded during recent clashes in New Delhi has died.
47-year-old Police Constable Subhash Tomar had been deployed at the India Gate monument to help restore order in the centre of the city.
He was one of more than 50 policemen who were injured by an angry mob.
There have been huge protests in the capital in recent days after a young woman was gangraped and thrown from a bus.
The gruesome attack on the 23-year-old student has shocked the nation and highlighted the plight of women in India where sexual and violent crimes are on the rise.
- 1‘Tourists go home’ say Spanish locals in backlash to holiday boom
- 2EgyptAir crash: doomed plane’s distress signal ‘picked up by satellites’
- 3Fears grow for missing Japanese boy left in woods as punishment
- 4Belgium facing more strike chaos
- 5More transport chaos in France in standoff over labour reforms
Wires > News
- 23:01 CET Philippines president-elect says won’t rely on United States
- 23:00 CET OAS head moves to suspend Venezuela from regional group
- 22:52 CET Criminal charges possible in killing of Cincinnati gorilla
- 22:51 CET Combative Trump says he raised $5.6 million for vets, bashes media
- 22:41 CET Leader of Western Sahara independence movement dies after illness
- 22:40 CET Italy court upholds Costa Concordia captain’s 2012 shipwreck…
- 22:35 CET Far-right parties winning over some Jewish voters, top rabbi warns
- 22:27 CET U.S. warns of possible Europe attacks, no specific threat