Indian authorities say a policeman who was wounded during recent clashes in New Delhi has died.
47-year-old Police Constable Subhash Tomar had been deployed at the India Gate monument to help restore order in the centre of the city.
He was one of more than 50 policemen who were injured by an angry mob.
There have been huge protests in the capital in recent days after a young woman was gangraped and thrown from a bus.
The gruesome attack on the 23-year-old student has shocked the nation and highlighted the plight of women in India where sexual and violent crimes are on the rise.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 00:09 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed, eight…
- 23:19 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed
- 23:03 CET Afghan women stand to be counted as West begins to disengage
- 22:31 CET Mexico captures senior drug boss operating in Mexico City
- 22:27 CET Saudi authorities detain activist after court appearance – wife
- 21:09 CET Yemen’s al Qaeda leader vows to attack America in new video
- 21:05 CET Syrian opposition accuses Assad’s forces of new poison gas attack
- 21:04 CET Algerian police break up anti-government protest before election