Christmas is looking very different across Europe and further east this year.
Russia, which will actually celebrate Christmas day on January 7, has been gripped by an unseasonable chill for the last 10 days now.
Eastern Siberia plunged as low as -50°C, while in Moscow it was a more modest -20°C
Poland has been thawing out for the most part,
but eastern provinces close to Ukraine and Belarus continue to see heavy snow.
Germany and France have been seeing other extremes however, the southern parts of both countries experiencing temperatures in excess of 20°C.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan kills dozens
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 4Official photos capture Prince George’s first birthday
- 5First of flight MH17 victims’ remains arrive in the Netherlands
- 1Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 2MH17 flight recorders are handed over by Ukrainian rebels
- 3Demonstrations in Israeli cities over Gaza conflict
- 4EU foreign ministers expected to discuss further sanctions on Russia
- 5Israeli air strikes continue as death toll in Gaza conflict escalates
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3‘Lonely and alienated’ Oscar Pistorius involved in nightclub scuffle
- 4Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 19:54 CET Bombs in Nigeria’s Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari targeted
- 19:28 CET Bulgaria’s prime minister resigns with bank crisis unresolved
- 18:12 CET Lebanese soldier defects to al Qaeda in Syria – video
- 17:42 CET Yemen president says Houthis agree to return town to state control
- 17:38 CET Seleka to sign ceasefire, drops call for Central African Republic…
- 17:10 CET TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- 17:05 CET Islamists gun down Somali protest singer-turned-lawmaker
- 16:59 CET Second bomb in Nigeria’s Kaduna kills 50 – Red Cross worker