Christmas is looking very different across Europe and further east this year.
Russia, which will actually celebrate Christmas day on January 7, has been gripped by an unseasonable chill for the last 10 days now.
Eastern Siberia plunged as low as -50°C, while in Moscow it was a more modest -20°C
Poland has been thawing out for the most part,
but eastern provinces close to Ukraine and Belarus continue to see heavy snow.
Germany and France have been seeing other extremes however, the southern parts of both countries experiencing temperatures in excess of 20°C.
Latest world news
Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
European Union leaders speak with one voice over Istanbul airport attacks
Stranded on plane during Istanbul terror attacks – euronews journalist reports
Anti Brexit voters march in favour of a referendum re-run
US college basketball loses coaching legend: Pat Summitt dies, aged 64
Wires > News
- 06:05 CET Exclusive: U.S. to upgrade Thailand in annual human trafficking…
- 02:23 CET Brazil Congress investigates lawmaker’s alleged support of torture
- 01:19 CET Dutch PM Rutte wants ‘binding’ assurances over EU’s Ukraine deal
- 01:18 CET As Duterte takes over in Philippines, police killings stir fear
- 00:15 CET Italy, Netherlands propose split U.N. Security Council seat for…
- 00:12 CET Clinton leads Trump by 11 points in U.S. presidential race -…
- 00:09 CET Canada presses China over reports of Hong Kong visa clamp down
- 23:44 CET Exclusive – Trump supporters more likely to view blacks…