19/12/12 17:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
It’s been a smooth drive on the French highways from Toulouse to Limoux where I had lunch. The toll was quite expensive, 5 euros for about 50 kilometres. The town, about 30 kilometres from Bugarach, is sleepy; loudspeakers are put all around the centre, blasting Christmas music, in hope of waking it.
Everybody I spoke to seems to know about the doomsday hooha, but they haven’t yet seen an influx of apocalypse-savvy visitors.
I’d better get to the village before it gets dark. Stay tuned, subscribe to my tweets for all the updates.
To good French food!
Latest world news
Baghdad protesters leave Green Zone but vow to keep up pressure over corruption
National issues highlighted in Europe’s May Day rallies
From Jerusalem to Damascus to Moscow, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks
Dozens killed in ISIL suicide blasts in southern Iraq
Wires > News
- 00:46 CET Puerto Rico declares moratorium on Government Development Bank’s…
- 00:37 CET Egyptian police raid press syndicate, arrest two journalists
- 23:05 CET Islamic State boosts attacks in response to territorial losses -…
- 22:43 CET French far-right veteran Le Pen predicts daughter’s failure in…
- 21:49 CET Bomb attack in southeast Turkey wounds 10 troops, Kurdish…
- 21:30 CET Yemen officials say peace talks suspended after Houthis seize base
- 21:28 CET Bergdahl defense can access classified information, court rules
- 21:11 CET Connecticut governor honored for welcoming Syrian refugees