It’s been a smooth drive on the French highways from Toulouse to Limoux where I had lunch. The toll was quite expensive, 5 euros for about 50 kilometres. The town, about 30 kilometres from Bugarach, is sleepy; loudspeakers are put all around the centre, blasting Christmas music, in hope of waking it.
Everybody I spoke to seems to know about the doomsday hooha, but they haven’t yet seen an influx of apocalypse-savvy visitors.
I’d better get to the village before it gets dark. Stay tuned, subscribe to my tweets for all the updates.
To good French food!
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 3Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 4Brothers to stand-in for late Fast and Furious star Paul Walker
- 5Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 03:00 CET Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry sinking
- 02:43 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika poised to win re-election
- 02:13 CET Obama, Abe to battle negative images at U.S.-Japan summit
- 01:57 CET U.S. calls for more investment-friendly Indian government
- 01:52 CET Graft trial of son of Senegal’s ex-president to start in June
- 01:14 CET Brazil’s leader holds wide lead six months from election – survey
- 00:09 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed, eight…
- 23:19 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed