19/12/12 17:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
It’s been a smooth drive on the French highways from Toulouse to Limoux where I had lunch. The toll was quite expensive, 5 euros for about 50 kilometres. The town, about 30 kilometres from Bugarach, is sleepy; loudspeakers are put all around the centre, blasting Christmas music, in hope of waking it.
Everybody I spoke to seems to know about the doomsday hooha, but they haven’t yet seen an influx of apocalypse-savvy visitors.
I’d better get to the village before it gets dark. Stay tuned, subscribe to my tweets for all the updates.
To good French food!
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3Lionel Messi retires from international football
- 4Paris and Berlin agree on a strategy following Britain’s shock exit vote
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the football
Latest world news
Schulz urges UK to make a speedy EU exit
Volkswagen to pay historic 15.3 billion dollars for cheating US emissions tests
‘‘chères collègues, do not let Scotland down now!”
Fears of contagion in Europe after UK Brexit vote
UK: Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn loses confidence vote in wake of Brexit vote
Wires > News
- 20:34 CET Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to U.N. Security…
- 20:31 CET Spain arrests 13 suspected of fraud at high-speed rail project
- 20:25 CET EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 20:02 CET Russian warship carried out ‘unsafe’ operation near U.S. ships -…
- 19:34 CET Spanish court urges trial of ex-Catalan leader over referendum
- 19:28 CET Germany girds for potential spike in Islamic State attacks in…
- 18:27 CET Iraqis from Falluja in ‘desperate’ need of aid – charity
- 18:13 CET Michelle Obama, daughters and mom promote girls’ education in…