It’s been a smooth drive on the French highways from Toulouse to Limoux where I had lunch. The toll was quite expensive, 5 euros for about 50 kilometres. The town, about 30 kilometres from Bugarach, is sleepy; loudspeakers are put all around the centre, blasting Christmas music, in hope of waking it.
Everybody I spoke to seems to know about the doomsday hooha, but they haven’t yet seen an influx of apocalypse-savvy visitors.
I’d better get to the village before it gets dark. Stay tuned, subscribe to my tweets for all the updates.
To good French food!
- 1Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 2Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 3Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 4Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 5Suspect in French beheading attack admits killing his boss
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 19Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > News
- 00:32 CET Two blasts hit central Nigerian city of Jos
- 23:22 CET Pope comes ‘home’ to South America to defend planet and the poor
- 23:03 CET Pope comes ‘home’ to South America to defend planet and the poor
- 22:50 CET Heavy fighting as Iraqi forces try to surround Falluja
- 20:38 CET Albanian police catch suspected killer of Czech tourists
- 18:13 CET Greek referendum final polls show ‘No’ vote ahead by small margin
- 18:06 CET Insight – Fears of Syria war persist in Lebanese border village
- 17:46 CET Lebanese Hezbollah and Syrian army enter rebel-held border city