A Soviet-era nuclear bunker in Moscow is being turned from a museum into a VIP ‘end of the world’ party venue.
A maximum of 300 people can fit into the structure, 56 meters below ground.
The bunker has been decked out with club lights and a bar.
Other ‘end of the world’ activity from around the globe can be monitored on huge TV screens.
Tickets for the party and eight floors of concrete protection are selling for around 750 euros.
Senior bunker guide Alexei Pavlovsky said: “Initially this bunker was built to withstand a 20-kiloton nuclear bomb like the one in Hiroshima. But today a megaton nuclear bomb can be blown up approximately 700 meters away from us without doing much damage to the bunker.”
The party starts on Thursday night until….well who really knows?
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 13Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 14Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 17Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Russia bans film adaptation of ‘Child 44’ | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 17:11 CET Nepal scrambles to organise quake relief, many flee capital
- 17:01 CET U.S., Japan unveil new defence guidelines for global Japanese role
- 16:43 CET Germany says border guards will try to keep Russian bikers out
- 16:11 CET U.S.‘s Kerry, Iran’s Zarif to meet at U.N. anti-nuclear arms…
- 16:07 CET Opposition says 1,000 killed in Angola clash with religious sect
- 15:28 CET Sanctions on Russia should be tied to fulfilling Minsk deal -…
- 15:23 CET Putin accuses ‘quasi-partners’ of counting on Russia collapse
- 15:14 CET Indonesia rebuffs last-ditch bids to delay drug – convict…