18/12/12 13:55 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The Palestinian Authority has spoken out against the decision to give the go-ahead for the building of 1,500 homes for Jewish settlers in East Jerusalem.
The Israeli government has approved plans for construction work to begin in the ultra-Orthodox neighbourhood of Rabat Shlomo, in reaction to the Palestinians gaining non-member observer state at the United Nations on November, 29.
“These Israeli decisions are illegitimate. We will stand against them and we will stay on our Palestinian land. These Israeli decisions will only take us to the International Criminal Court,” said Fatah spokesman Ahmad Assaf.
There has been widespread international opposition to Israel’s plans to build 3,000 homes on land in the West Bank known as E1.
Jewish settlements are considered illegal under international law, but Israel disputes this.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
- 3Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 4Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 5Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
Syrian army announces 48-hour ‘regime of calm’ in Aleppo
Fires threaten to engulf Canadian city
Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
Wires > News
- 04:30 CET Australian Islamic State recruiter killed in U.S. strike in Iraq
- 03:15 CET Stubborn Shanghai residents hold a line drawn in rubble
- 01:26 CET Cuba scrambles to keep pace with U.S.-fueled tourism boom
- 01:25 CET Ageing Thailand takes toll on indebted households
- 22:50 CET Turkish ruling party preparing to replace PM Davutoglu – officials
- 21:09 CET Merkel says working for U.S.-EU trade deal this year
- 21:06 CET ‘Three Amigos’ Obama, Trudeau, Pena Nieto to meet June 29
- 19:14 CET Russia arrests groups for planning attacks in Moscow region -…