Unverified video uploaded to social networking sites purports to show fighting near Syria’s Yarmouk refugee camp, where Palestinians for and against the regime have been fighting each other.
The largest camp in Damascus, it is where most of Syria’s 500,000 Palestinian refugees live. The camp has also been bombed by the Syrian air force, killing and wounding scores of Palestinians and adding to refugee numbers.
Fighting continues to be fierce around the international airport, a few kilometres south of the capital, Damascus, with rebels desperately trying to strike what they see as definitive blow.
Although he is not part of President Bashar al-Assad’s inner circle, vice president Farouq al-Sharaa has told a pro-regime newspaper that neither the president nor the rebels could win the war outright – the first remark of its kind from a prominent member of the regime.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > News
- 04:44 CET Honduras stages biggest march yet to demand president step down
- 04:12 CET Panama top court approves third probe against ex-president…
- 02:44 CET Guatemala Congress committee recommends ending Perez’s immunity
- 02:22 CET Pilot killed in Colorado crash of medical transport helicopter
- 01:41 CET France’s Hollande says ready to hold new summit on Boko Haram
- 00:35 CET Yemen’s Houthis attack Saudi Arabia’s Najran and Jizan
- 00:19 CET At least 25 Syrian al Qaeda members dead in mosque blast in…
- 00:15 CET Rockets land in Israel, Egypt’s IS affiliate claims responsibility