Unverified video uploaded to social networking sites purports to show fighting near Syria’s Yarmouk refugee camp, where Palestinians for and against the regime have been fighting each other.
The largest camp in Damascus, it is where most of Syria’s 500,000 Palestinian refugees live. The camp has also been bombed by the Syrian air force, killing and wounding scores of Palestinians and adding to refugee numbers.
Fighting continues to be fierce around the international airport, a few kilometres south of the capital, Damascus, with rebels desperately trying to strike what they see as definitive blow.
Although he is not part of President Bashar al-Assad’s inner circle, vice president Farouq al-Sharaa has told a pro-regime newspaper that neither the president nor the rebels could win the war outright – the first remark of its kind from a prominent member of the regime.
Wires > News
- 23:48 CET Heavy air strikes on Syria’s Idlib kill and injure dozens -monitor
- 23:35 CET Brazil’s Temer pressed to drop anti-corruption minister
- 23:23 CET Netanyahu says willing to discuss Arab initiative for peace with…
- 23:10 CET Six killed, many injured, by roadside bombs in southeast Turkey
- 22:53 CET EU chief Tusk slams utopian ‘illusions’ of united Europe
- 22:46 CET Hitler’s older brother was in fact younger and died early…
- 22:44 CET Juncker’s plan to visit Russia in June reopens EU sanctions debate
- 22:42 CET Sunni hawk wins Lebanon vote, risking new tensions