In Pakistan, nine people have been killed in a car bomb attack by the Taliban on a military airport in the northwestern city of Peshawar.
Five of the attackers are among the dead.
Rockets and guns were also fired in the incident which happened on Saturday. A Pakistani official said the security forces are in control of the situation.
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3Lionel Messi retires from international football
- 4Paris and Berlin agree on a strategy following Britain’s shock exit vote
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the football
Wires > News
- 04:09 CET Empty houses and jobless maids – Indonesia’s expat exodus gathers…
- 01:29 CET Exclusive – U.S. to downgrade Myanmar in annual human trafficking…
- 01:18 CET Insight – Pakistan’s new military courts challenged over abuse…
- 01:14 CET Japan revamps child welfare, but tens of thousands still…
- 01:11 CET Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- 00:58 CET Turkey mends fences with Israel, Russia in foreign policy reset
- 00:21 CET Iraqi army closes in on Islamic State militants near Falluja
- 00:02 CET Magnitude 5.7 quake shakes southern Mexico, no damage reported