North Korea pulled out all the stops to celebrate its successful Wednesday rocket launch, and it is likely the capital Pyongyang will do it all again next week for the first anniversary of Kim Jong-Un’s taking over at the top.
He is already promising this will be the first of many North Korean satellites that will orbit the Earth one day, fulfilling his family dream of making North Korea a “space powerhouse”.
While Kim was photographed running the show from mission control today’s parade to celebrate the launch as a victory featured three other men close to Kim; his Uncle Jang Song-thaek, political strategist Choe Ryong-hae, and the 84 year-old head of the missile programme Ju Kyu-chamg.
They will share in the kudos, and are likely to figure prominently in the regime’s next move.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 10Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 11NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 13‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 19Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 20Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
Latest world news
Ocean’s Eleven and Karate Kid producer Jerry Weintraub dies
Iran talks could get new deadline extension says Washington
France and Germany expect ‘credible’ proposals from Greece
Euclid Tsakalotos sworn in as new Greek finance minister
Iran optimistic of leap in growth once out from under sanctions
Wires > News
- 06:50 CET At least 13 dead in gun attack in northeast Kenya – Red Cross
- 05:36 CET The world’s oldest man dies in Japan, aged 112
- 04:12 CET Islamic State target Iraq’s Haditha town with vehicle bombs
- 04:05 CET Ebola-stricken nations need $700 million to rebuild healthcare
- 04:04 CET Venezuela’s Maduro says U.S. diplomatic channel ‘working well’
- 01:07 CET Teenager blows herself up near mosque in Nigeria’s second city
- 21:03 CET Four teachers among six Israeli-Arabs charged for promoting…
- 20:52 CET EU approves 1.15 billion euro aid package for West Africa