The 9th edition of the conference LeWeb in the French capital Paris. It is one of the major events in the Web industry, bringing together around 3.500 professionals, investors, bloggers and fans of the Internet.
The years subject is “The Internet of things”. Many objects of our everyday life are connected to the Internet. The physical and virtual worlds are merging.
Jean Ferre is from Microsoft, France:
“ I think there has been a explosion of objects that contain a chip and an operating system where we can find applications. These days we have 10 power 28 bytes produced in 2011, it does not equal the number of stars in the universe, but it is a lot of intelligence for use on tablets, PCs, phones, TVs and then more dedicated objects. Such as glasses, rings, watches.”
Muse is an astonishing device. It is a headband developed by Toronto based company InteraXon. It is a portable EEG machine. It detects the users neural activity in real time while in a relaxed or concentrated state.
Muse uses algorithms to identify subtle changes in the brain.
The headband connected via bluetooth to a computer can read the emotional state of the user.
Ariel Garten is CEO at Interaxon:
“The best use of the technology right now is to help you to understand yourself, to be able to improve your brain fitness, to be able to do things like meditating more effectively, to be able to concentrate more effectively at work.”
The device can be used to play games. Ping pong of the future will involve no bats, just head movements and facial recognition.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 3eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 4English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 6Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 7Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 8International news | euronews, latest international news
- 9Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 12Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 13Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 14‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 15Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 16euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 17Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 18Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 19London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 20Barack Obama’s silly Buzzfeed video goes viral | euronews, world news