The 9th edition of the conference LeWeb in the French capital Paris. It is one of the major events in the Web industry, bringing together around 3.500 professionals, investors, bloggers and fans of the Internet.
The years subject is “The Internet of things”. Many objects of our everyday life are connected to the Internet. The physical and virtual worlds are merging.
Jean Ferre is from Microsoft, France:
“ I think there has been a explosion of objects that contain a chip and an operating system where we can find applications. These days we have 10 power 28 bytes produced in 2011, it does not equal the number of stars in the universe, but it is a lot of intelligence for use on tablets, PCs, phones, TVs and then more dedicated objects. Such as glasses, rings, watches.”
Muse is an astonishing device. It is a headband developed by Toronto based company InteraXon. It is a portable EEG machine. It detects the users neural activity in real time while in a relaxed or concentrated state.
Muse uses algorithms to identify subtle changes in the brain.
The headband connected via bluetooth to a computer can read the emotional state of the user.
Ariel Garten is CEO at Interaxon:
“The best use of the technology right now is to help you to understand yourself, to be able to improve your brain fitness, to be able to do things like meditating more effectively, to be able to concentrate more effectively at work.”
The device can be used to play games. Ping pong of the future will involve no bats, just head movements and facial recognition.
- 1Three diverse European projects with a handle on climate change
- 2What’s the reality of Earth’s climate in 2015?
- 3Observatories combine to create a virtual telescope the size of the Earth
- 4Monte Rosa Glacier shrinking fast say scientists
- 5Commencing countdown – ESA astronaut prepares for trip to ISS
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 41000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 10Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 12Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 13New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Fukushima: Tepco admits contaminated water leak into the Pacific
- 17‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 18‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 19Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 20No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary