The 9th edition of the conference LeWeb in the French capital Paris. It is one of the major events in the Web industry, bringing together around 3.500 professionals, investors, bloggers and fans of the Internet.
The years subject is “The Internet of things”. Many objects of our everyday life are connected to the Internet. The physical and virtual worlds are merging.
Jean Ferre is from Microsoft, France:
“ I think there has been a explosion of objects that contain a chip and an operating system where we can find applications. These days we have 10 power 28 bytes produced in 2011, it does not equal the number of stars in the universe, but it is a lot of intelligence for use on tablets, PCs, phones, TVs and then more dedicated objects. Such as glasses, rings, watches.”
Muse is an astonishing device. It is a headband developed by Toronto based company InteraXon. It is a portable EEG machine. It detects the users neural activity in real time while in a relaxed or concentrated state.
Muse uses algorithms to identify subtle changes in the brain.
The headband connected via bluetooth to a computer can read the emotional state of the user.
Ariel Garten is CEO at Interaxon:
“The best use of the technology right now is to help you to understand yourself, to be able to improve your brain fitness, to be able to do things like meditating more effectively, to be able to concentrate more effectively at work.”
The device can be used to play games. Ping pong of the future will involve no bats, just head movements and facial recognition.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4International news | euronews, latest international news
- 5Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19Migrant crisis pushing Greek island of Kos to the limit
- 20Who are the six EU countries with shortest memories on migration?