The 9th edition of the conference LeWeb in the French capital Paris. It is one of the major events in the Web industry, bringing together around 3.500 professionals, investors, bloggers and fans of the Internet.
The years subject is “The Internet of things”. Many objects of our everyday life are connected to the Internet. The physical and virtual worlds are merging.
Jean Ferre is from Microsoft, France:
“ I think there has been a explosion of objects that contain a chip and an operating system where we can find applications. These days we have 10 power 28 bytes produced in 2011, it does not equal the number of stars in the universe, but it is a lot of intelligence for use on tablets, PCs, phones, TVs and then more dedicated objects. Such as glasses, rings, watches.”
Muse is an astonishing device. It is a headband developed by Toronto based company InteraXon. It is a portable EEG machine. It detects the users neural activity in real time while in a relaxed or concentrated state.
Muse uses algorithms to identify subtle changes in the brain.
The headband connected via bluetooth to a computer can read the emotional state of the user.
Ariel Garten is CEO at Interaxon:
“The best use of the technology right now is to help you to understand yourself, to be able to improve your brain fitness, to be able to do things like meditating more effectively, to be able to concentrate more effectively at work.”
The device can be used to play games. Ping pong of the future will involve no bats, just head movements and facial recognition.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?