Day two of LeWeb2012 brought a good mix of people to the Google+ Hangouts: a fighter jet pilot, a kiteboarder, a long-distance runner and a leader in the field of crowd-funding. Each brought something different to the table (or the Hangout) and Marie Jamet questioned them on what their unique something was.
Brian Shul (http://www.sleddriver.com/) is a former US Air Force pilot who survived a crash in Vietnam to become the pilot of the fastest jet in the world, the SR-71 Blackbird. He is now an author, photographer and world wide speaker. He uses his incredible experience to give dynamic inspirational (and not motivational!) speeches. In this hangout, find out how he survived his ordeals and can be an inspiration for other people.
Bill Tai is a venture capitalist who has invested in dozens of companies. He is also a sponsored kiteboarder. Susi Mai is also a professional kiteboarder. Together they created Mai Tai (http://www.maitaiglobal.org/), a gathering that brings together entrepreneurs, innovators and athletes, especially in kiteboarding. They tell how sports, passion, friendship and internet technology can meet.
Scott Dunlap is the managing director of new a company he just founded a few weeks ago: Tenth Dimension Design Labs. He is an ultra distance trail runner (which means he runs races of a hundred miles!) and passionate about internet of things can help gather body data. In this video, he explains, among other things, how he tries to track down the forensic point each runner reaches at some point in a race.
Danae Ringelmann is the founder of the crowdfunding plateform Indiegogo. Launched just a few months before the economic crisis hit the world, Indiegogo allows anyone to raise fund from the people directly, without any middleman. In this hangout, Danae explains how Indiegogo works on meritocracy and avoid funding terrorists.
- Marie Jamet
- 1Estonian mobile bomb shelter can withstand NATO calibre shelling
- 2CES has Asian premiere in Shanghai
- 3Hidden dimensions: 3D scanner reveals the inner secrets of artworks
- 4Tracking pilots’ brains to reduce risk of human error
- 5Mars mystery: ExoMars mission to finally resolve question of life on red planet
- 1Tracking pilots’ brains to reduce risk of human error
- 2Estonian mobile bomb shelter can withstand NATO calibre shelling
- 3Mars mystery: ExoMars mission to finally resolve question of life on red planet
- 4Smartphone app could save lives during earthquake say inventors
- 5Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 1Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 2Mars mystery: ExoMars mission to finally resolve question of life on red planet
- 3Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 4Drones are perfect protectors for endangered elephants
- 5Smartphone app could save lives during earthquake say inventors
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 8Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 14EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 16Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 17Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 18Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 19Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]