A fearsome looking gigantic robot that is a plaything. To enjoy you simply climb aboard as the torso doubles as a cockpit from where you can sit back and guide the metal beast to where you want to go.
The robot is the brainchild of artist Kogoro Kurata. It took him more than two-and-a-half years to turn his childhood dream into reality.
“I had this vision of the future for robots, which is my passion. But the robots that we’re seeing now are all very small, like the Asimo, Honda’s android. It seemed unlikely that anyone would develop giant robots however long I waited, and so I thought, I might as well make one myself – that’s how it started,” he explained.
Step inside and get moving. You can operate a touchscreen interface or put on a glove which will control the robots arms and fingers.
Remarkably your movement can be translated into robot movement using a special operating system.
Simplifying the complexity of this in a way that robots, which have less limbs and dexterity, can imitate was the biggest challenge for its designer,
“The development of the technology for this project is all original. There are already many examples of robotics that replicate movements of human hands. But in our case, we use the “V-Sido” system on the controllers or glove-controllers, through which we process human action. What this system does is that it converts the hand action to robot action in a safe way. So that’s the most cutting-edge technology, that the robot movement would be safe.”
The four ton robot was designed for peaceful methods insist its creators though its machine gun which can fire 6-thousand bullets a minute may suggest otherwise.
The made-to-order machine will cost upwards of one million euros.
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 4International news | euronews, latest international news
- 51000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 10New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 11Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 14Egypt armed forces chief Abdul Fattah al-Sisi – a man of destiny
- 15Latest sport news
- 16Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 17Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 18‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 19No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 20‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis