A fearsome looking gigantic robot that is a plaything. To enjoy you simply climb aboard as the torso doubles as a cockpit from where you can sit back and guide the metal beast to where you want to go.
The robot is the brainchild of artist Kogoro Kurata. It took him more than two-and-a-half years to turn his childhood dream into reality.
“I had this vision of the future for robots, which is my passion. But the robots that we’re seeing now are all very small, like the Asimo, Honda’s android. It seemed unlikely that anyone would develop giant robots however long I waited, and so I thought, I might as well make one myself – that’s how it started,” he explained.
Step inside and get moving. You can operate a touchscreen interface or put on a glove which will control the robots arms and fingers.
Remarkably your movement can be translated into robot movement using a special operating system.
Simplifying the complexity of this in a way that robots, which have less limbs and dexterity, can imitate was the biggest challenge for its designer,
“The development of the technology for this project is all original. There are already many examples of robotics that replicate movements of human hands. But in our case, we use the “V-Sido” system on the controllers or glove-controllers, through which we process human action. What this system does is that it converts the hand action to robot action in a safe way. So that’s the most cutting-edge technology, that the robot movement would be safe.”
The four ton robot was designed for peaceful methods insist its creators though its machine gun which can fire 6-thousand bullets a minute may suggest otherwise.
The made-to-order machine will cost upwards of one million euros.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast