On day 2 of the LeWeb2012 conference in Paris, euronews’ Marie Jamet hosted a Google+ Hangout with Bill Tai, a speaker at LeWeb 2012.
Tai is an Angel Investor, venture capitalist and sponsored athlete in kiteboarding. He has funded more than a dozen startups that grew to become public companies, serving on the Board of Directors of 7 publicly listed companies that emerged from his portfolio.
He is an active Angel Investor having funded Tweetdeck/ (Twitter), Tango.me, Shoes of Prey, Treasure Data, Voxer, VideoEgg (SayMedia) and others. He is a partner of several funds at CRV where he serves board of Glyde, Maxthon (Chairman) and Scribd, and seed funded Ark.com, ContextLogic, Soundtracking and StackMob. Prior to re-establishing CRV’s Silicon Valley office in 2002, Bill co-founded IPInfusion as Executive Chairman, Founded iAsiaWorks as Chairman and CEO, and founded Tradebeam as President.
As an Olympic Ambassador for the International Kiteboarding Association, Bill was part of the campaign that earned kiteboarding a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Along with pro kiteboarder Susi Mai, Bill also established the “MaiTai“, a high profile annual networking event on Maui bringing together industry leading tech startup founders with pro kiters from around the world.
He holds an MBA from Harvard Graduate School of Business, a B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Honors from the University of Illinois, and is an Adjunct Professor of Innovation at Curtin University in Australia.
You can watch the euronews/Google+ hangout here::
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 9Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 10Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?