On day 2 of the LeWeb2012 conference in Paris, euronews’ Marie Jamet hosted a Google+ Hangout with Bill Tai, a speaker at LeWeb 2012.
Tai is an Angel Investor, venture capitalist and sponsored athlete in kiteboarding. He has funded more than a dozen startups that grew to become public companies, serving on the Board of Directors of 7 publicly listed companies that emerged from his portfolio.
He is an active Angel Investor having funded Tweetdeck/ (Twitter), Tango.me, Shoes of Prey, Treasure Data, Voxer, VideoEgg (SayMedia) and others. He is a partner of several funds at CRV where he serves board of Glyde, Maxthon (Chairman) and Scribd, and seed funded Ark.com, ContextLogic, Soundtracking and StackMob. Prior to re-establishing CRV’s Silicon Valley office in 2002, Bill co-founded IPInfusion as Executive Chairman, Founded iAsiaWorks as Chairman and CEO, and founded Tradebeam as President.
As an Olympic Ambassador for the International Kiteboarding Association, Bill was part of the campaign that earned kiteboarding a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Along with pro kiteboarder Susi Mai, Bill also established the “MaiTai“, a high profile annual networking event on Maui bringing together industry leading tech startup founders with pro kiters from around the world.
He holds an MBA from Harvard Graduate School of Business, a B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Honors from the University of Illinois, and is an Adjunct Professor of Innovation at Curtin University in Australia.
You can watch the euronews/Google+ hangout here::
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 10Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 11Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 12ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 13Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 14Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest science news
Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
Morocco sets off on 10 year plan to hold back the desert
Retreating ice reveals climate secrets on Qori Kalis glacier
Italy’s army bringing down the cost of getting high on medical marijuana
Powerful MRI scanners could predict diseases