On day 2 of the LeWeb2012 conference in Paris, euronews’ Marie Jamet hosted a Google+ Hangout with Bill Tai, a speaker at LeWeb 2012.
Tai is an Angel Investor, venture capitalist and sponsored athlete in kiteboarding. He has funded more than a dozen startups that grew to become public companies, serving on the Board of Directors of 7 publicly listed companies that emerged from his portfolio.
He is an active Angel Investor having funded Tweetdeck/ (Twitter), Tango.me, Shoes of Prey, Treasure Data, Voxer, VideoEgg (SayMedia) and others. He is a partner of several funds at CRV where he serves board of Glyde, Maxthon (Chairman) and Scribd, and seed funded Ark.com, ContextLogic, Soundtracking and StackMob. Prior to re-establishing CRV’s Silicon Valley office in 2002, Bill co-founded IPInfusion as Executive Chairman, Founded iAsiaWorks as Chairman and CEO, and founded Tradebeam as President.
As an Olympic Ambassador for the International Kiteboarding Association, Bill was part of the campaign that earned kiteboarding a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Along with pro kiteboarder Susi Mai, Bill also established the “MaiTai“, a high profile annual networking event on Maui bringing together industry leading tech startup founders with pro kiters from around the world.
He holds an MBA from Harvard Graduate School of Business, a B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Honors from the University of Illinois, and is an Adjunct Professor of Innovation at Curtin University in Australia.
You can watch the euronews/Google+ hangout here::
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 3Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 4eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6International news | euronews, latest international news
- 7English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 10Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 11Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 12euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 13London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 14‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 15[Watch] Passengers emergency evacuate crash-landed Airbus A330 | euronews, world news
- 16Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 17European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 18Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 19Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 20Exclusive: Sudan’s Bashir on ISIL, Darfur and accusations of genocide and war crimes | euronews, the global conversation