On day 2 of the LeWeb2012 conference in Paris, euronews’ Marie Jamet hosted a Google+ Hangout with Bill Tai, a speaker at LeWeb 2012.
Tai is an Angel Investor, venture capitalist and sponsored athlete in kiteboarding. He has funded more than a dozen startups that grew to become public companies, serving on the Board of Directors of 7 publicly listed companies that emerged from his portfolio.
He is an active Angel Investor having funded Tweetdeck/ (Twitter), Tango.me, Shoes of Prey, Treasure Data, Voxer, VideoEgg (SayMedia) and others. He is a partner of several funds at CRV where he serves board of Glyde, Maxthon (Chairman) and Scribd, and seed funded Ark.com, ContextLogic, Soundtracking and StackMob. Prior to re-establishing CRV’s Silicon Valley office in 2002, Bill co-founded IPInfusion as Executive Chairman, Founded iAsiaWorks as Chairman and CEO, and founded Tradebeam as President.
As an Olympic Ambassador for the International Kiteboarding Association, Bill was part of the campaign that earned kiteboarding a spot in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Along with pro kiteboarder Susi Mai, Bill also established the “MaiTai“, a high profile annual networking event on Maui bringing together industry leading tech startup founders with pro kiters from around the world.
He holds an MBA from Harvard Graduate School of Business, a B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Honors from the University of Illinois, and is an Adjunct Professor of Innovation at Curtin University in Australia.
You can watch the euronews/Google+ hangout here::
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 3Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 4McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 5Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 6NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 7Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 8Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 9The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 10Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 11Israeli warplanes hit targets in Syria | euronews, world news
- 12Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 13European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 14Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 15Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 16Pakistan Taliban ‘kill over 100’ in Peshawar school attack | euronews, world news
- 17Europe’s sex slave shame: is enough being done to fight human trafficking? | euronews, on the frontline
- 18Raids across Turkey target media outlets linked to Erdogan foe Fethullah Gulen | euronews, world news
- 19euronews RADIO
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent