EADS has reshuffled its shareholdings in the biggest shake-up of control since it was founded over a decade ago.
The total of direct state shareholdings is increased with 12 percent each for France and Germany but with the bulk of its shares being put beyond government influence. Spain will also have a stake of around four percent.
The move is designed to simplify the structure of Europe’s largest aerospace company and comes weeks after the break down of merger talks with British weapons maker BAE Systems.
Until now parity in EADS – originally formed from a merger of French, German and Spanish interests – had been ensured through a complex pact between the French state, French media firm Lagardere and German car firm Daimler.
France will give up veto powers over the company’s industrial policy and none of the governments will have special veto powers but sensitive defence interests will be ring-fenced.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 06:05 CET GVC says could go hostile if Bwin accepts 888’s offer – Times
- 05:52 CET IMF’s Lagarde warns of spillover risks from recent volatility
- 05:28 CET Oil prices extend losses on U.S. oil inventory, manufacturing data
- 05:20 CET Japan lawmakers urge bourse, regulators to be tough on Toshiba
- 04:21 CET Ex-Hanlong head pleads guilty to insider trading in Australia
- 03:53 CET China sets deadline for clean-up of grey market margin financing -…
- 03:32 CET China signs off on 3.2 billion pound loan to boost Venezuela oil…
- 03:18 CET LVMH hires former Apple executive as digital director