EADS has reshuffled its shareholdings in the biggest shake-up of control since it was founded over a decade ago.
The total of direct state shareholdings is increased with 12 percent each for France and Germany but with the bulk of its shares being put beyond government influence. Spain will also have a stake of around four percent.
The move is designed to simplify the structure of Europe’s largest aerospace company and comes weeks after the break down of merger talks with British weapons maker BAE Systems.
Until now parity in EADS – originally formed from a merger of French, German and Spanish interests – had been ensured through a complex pact between the French state, French media firm Lagardere and German car firm Daimler.
France will give up veto powers over the company’s industrial policy and none of the governments will have special veto powers but sensitive defence interests will be ring-fenced.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 7Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 8India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 9European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 10Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 11[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 16Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 17Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > Business
- 11:52 CET Greek economy expands 0.7 percent in third-quarter
- 11:51 CET Greek economy expands 0.7 percent quarter-on-quarter in…
- 11:30 CET Japan may expand air bag recalls; worried about impact on industry
- 11:24 CET Malaysia Airlines posts worst quarterly loss since end-2011
- 11:15 CET EU plans to streamline but not change key budget rules
- 11:13 CET EU postpones ruling on French, Italian fiscal policy till March
- 11:09 CET Germany backs Blackberry’s purchase of Secusmart
- 11:06 CET Euro zone inflation dips again as energy prices fall