Iranian TV and other media say an American drone aircraft has been captured after entering the country’s airspace.
They say the unmanned ScanEagle aircraft was gathering information over the Persian Gulf when it strayed into Iranian territory. It is said to have been captured by a Revolutionary Guards naval unit sometime in the last few days but gave no details about how it happened.
However the US navy has denied losing any drones over the Gulf recently.
In November Iran complained to the UN that repeated US violations of its airspace were “illegal and provocative acts”.
Last year Tehran claimed it captured a CIA spy drone after it entered Iranian airspace from its eastern borders with Aghanistan and Pakistan.
The Americans initially said it had become lost before admitting the drone had been monitoring Iranian military and nuclear facilities.
- 1Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
- 2Man killed as 1,500 migrants try to enter Channel Tunnel in Calais
- 3Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar is confirmed dead
- 4Rome airport fully operational after forest fire affects flights
- 5Turkey keeps up pressure on PKK with more airstrikes
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 4Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 5Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Wires > News
- 22:54 CET Too early to say if debris in Reunion is from MH370 flight – police
- 21:24 CET Fabius, visiting Tehran, invites Rouhani to France
- 21:05 CET U.S. democratic presidential hopeful Clinton to call for lifting…
- 20:54 CET Afghanistan says Taliban leader dead, urges peace talks
- 20:14 CET U.S., allies target Islamic State in Syria, Iraq with 14 air…
- 20:04 CET Taliban leader, who Afghanistan says is dead, a pious enigma
- 20:00 CET Syrian PM says power crisis worsens as militants target plants
- 19:52 CET Zimbabwean charged over killing of Cecil the lion