Iranian TV and other media say an American drone aircraft has been captured after entering the country’s airspace.
They say the unmanned ScanEagle aircraft was gathering information over the Persian Gulf when it strayed into Iranian territory. It is said to have been captured by a Revolutionary Guards naval unit sometime in the last few days but gave no details about how it happened.
However the US navy has denied losing any drones over the Gulf recently.
In November Iran complained to the UN that repeated US violations of its airspace were “illegal and provocative acts”.
Last year Tehran claimed it captured a CIA spy drone after it entered Iranian airspace from its eastern borders with Aghanistan and Pakistan.
The Americans initially said it had become lost before admitting the drone had been monitoring Iranian military and nuclear facilities.
- 1Migrants with tickets denied access to Budapest train station
- 2Satellite images show ISIL destruction in Palmyra
- 3‘No person is illegal’ – Vienna holds rally for refugees
- 4Ukraine: deputies explain for and against the decentralisation law
- 5Hungary’s hardline stance on refugees ‘benefits’ people smugglers
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > News
- 08:04 CET Fleeing Islamic State killings in Syria, a family reaches Bavaria
- 07:19 CET Pakistan says ‘almost all’ Uighur militants eliminated
- 07:00 CET Native protesters seize oil wells in Peru to urge government action
- 06:49 CET Malaysia police to question Mahathir on anti-PM comments at rally
- 05:59 CET North Korea tells South not to crow about deal that ended standoff
- 03:58 CET Brazil convicts Odebrecht Group for slavery-like practices in…
- 03:13 CET Obama pushes for more U.S. ice-breaking might in Arctic
- 03:02 CET Israel slams Palestinians’ push to fly their flag at U.N.