A bomb has exploded at the offices of a far-right political party close to the Greek capital Athens.
No one was injured in the blast at the local Golden Dawn headquarters, but police say the explosion caused a lot of damage.
The Golden Dawn, riding high on a wave of public fury at austerity, corrupt politicians and illegal immigration is now the third biggest party in the cash-strapped nation.
At the June election Golden Dawn support was running at 7 per cent, by October it had doubled.
Many in Greece want the party banned because of rhetoric and emblems that mimic those of the Nazi party and the 1967-1974 Greek military junta.
The Golden Dawn reject the comparisons.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 14:52 CET Kurdish forces retake north Iraqi town from Islamic State -…
- 14:35 CET Lebanon army fights Islamist gunmen in Tripoli for second day
- 14:32 CET Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola…
- 14:27 CET Ebola death toll tops 4,900 as virus spreads – WHO
- 14:24 CET Protesters march against Renzi labour reforms in Rome
- 14:20 CET Al Qaeda militants push back Shi’ite rebels’ advance on central…
- 14:18 CET India picks Israel’s Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin -…
- 14:09 CET South Korea group launches anti-North leaflets amid threats from…