The public has voted: James Street and Neil Waller got the Euronews Business Award in the category Going International. Six years ago the two unusual young men from UK have founded My Destination, a novel traveller’s guide. They started with 600 pounds, literally just a laptop, now it’s 2 million in turnover, and they hope to get 5 million next year.
Paola Costa from Spain is the winner in the category Women in Business. She is the owner of Orientalmente, a website for learning Chinese. The young business, with a network of 20 Chinese teachers already has a reputation and even the prestigiuous Confucius Institute seems to be interested.
Finally Dirk Buchholz and Michael Martens won the Euronews Business Award in the category Growing Online. The two friends from Germany have founded one of the most successful companies on the net: CentreCourt.de. The website has become the leading website for tennis fans in German-speaking countries. They sell online and they are a reference on the market.
- 1Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 2Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 5Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern