The public has voted: James Street and Neil Waller got the Euronews Business Award in the category Going International. Six years ago the two unusual young men from UK have founded My Destination, a novel traveller’s guide. They started with 600 pounds, literally just a laptop, now it’s 2 million in turnover, and they hope to get 5 million next year.
Paola Costa from Spain is the winner in the category Women in Business. She is the owner of Orientalmente, a website for learning Chinese. The young business, with a network of 20 Chinese teachers already has a reputation and even the prestigiuous Confucius Institute seems to be interested.
Finally Dirk Buchholz and Michael Martens won the Euronews Business Award in the category Growing Online. The two friends from Germany have founded one of the most successful companies on the net: CentreCourt.de. The website has become the leading website for tennis fans in German-speaking countries. They sell online and they are a reference on the market.
- 1Leaders ‘influenced Putin’ over Savchenko release, say Ukraine pilot’s lawyers
- 2Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 3Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
- 4The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 5Third night of riots rock Barcelona’s Gràcia district
- 1Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap