“Rise of the Guardians” is a 3D Christmas offering from DreamWorks that sees Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Jack Frost band together to prevent a bogeyman taking over the world.
The film is based on the series of books by William Joyce entitled “The Guardians of Childhood”.
After showing at the Rome Film Festival, the movie premiered in London’s Leicester Square.
Isla Fisher, who plays the “Tooth Fairy” is the only woman in the main cast.
“It was a lot of fun,” she said. “With animated movies, traditionally you’re just in a sound booth so you don’t really meet the other cast anyway so I never felt that I was the only one of anything, I was just the only one.”
The movie also stars the voices of Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman and Jude Law amongst others.
Director Peter Ramsey who makes his big screen debut with “Rise of the Guardians” said he didn’t have the actors in mind for the characters when he first started the project.
“We went the other way around,” he explained.“We designed the characters, we were building their worlds and we started thinking of what the characters meant, what kind of personalities they had and then we decided to cast our characters based on those, like ‘Who has the most in common with Santa Claus? Who’s the perfect Tooth Fairy?’ and that’s how we cast our guys. We were able to let them be themselves because that’s sort of how we cast the roles.”
“Rise of the Guardians” is on general release throughout Europe at the end of the month.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 7Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest cinema news
‘No Escape’ puts Owen Wilson’s family in peril
“The 33” digs into 2010 Chilean mining rescue and media circus
Rap biopic rules Hollywood as NWA stay top for second week
3D animation brings Polish World War Two hero to life
Efron takes dancehall vibe to big screen in “We Are Your Friends”