“Rise of the Guardians” is a 3D Christmas offering from DreamWorks that sees Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Jack Frost band together to prevent a bogeyman taking over the world.
The film is based on the series of books by William Joyce entitled “The Guardians of Childhood”.
After showing at the Rome Film Festival, the movie premiered in London’s Leicester Square.
Isla Fisher, who plays the “Tooth Fairy” is the only woman in the main cast.
“It was a lot of fun,” she said. “With animated movies, traditionally you’re just in a sound booth so you don’t really meet the other cast anyway so I never felt that I was the only one of anything, I was just the only one.”
The movie also stars the voices of Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman and Jude Law amongst others.
Director Peter Ramsey who makes his big screen debut with “Rise of the Guardians” said he didn’t have the actors in mind for the characters when he first started the project.
“We went the other way around,” he explained.“We designed the characters, we were building their worlds and we started thinking of what the characters meant, what kind of personalities they had and then we decided to cast our characters based on those, like ‘Who has the most in common with Santa Claus? Who’s the perfect Tooth Fairy?’ and that’s how we cast our guys. We were able to let them be themselves because that’s sort of how we cast the roles.”
“Rise of the Guardians” is on general release throughout Europe at the end of the month.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections