Two people have been killed and two more have been wounded in a suicide bomb attack outside a foreign-run military compound in Afghanistan this morning. Interior Ministry spokesman Najib Danesh confirmed that the victims were both local guards.
The Taliban have claimed responsibility for the blast in the diplomatic area of Kabul.
The United States and British embassies, and the headquarters of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force are located near where the attack took place.
Latest world news
Berlin and Vienna pressure Rome to take responsibility for migrants
South African court paves way for Zuma to face renewed corruption charges
At least 11 passengers killed in Norwegian helicopter crash
Angry protest outside Trump rally in California
‘A new game, a final’: UEFA’s Platini makes last appeal against six-year ban
Wires > News
- 17:19 CET North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour
- 17:17 CET U.N. demands restoration of Western Sahara mission’s full…
- 17:10 CET China denies request for Hong Kong visit by U.S. carrier group -…
- 17:08 CET Saudi builder Binladin terminates 50,000 jobs – newspaper
- 17:05 CET All 13 people presumed dead in Norway helicopter crash – reports
- 16:34 CET Finnish NATO membership would lead to crisis with Russia -…
- 16:26 CET Iran moderates eye more gains in run-off parliamentary election
- 16:24 CET Policeman wounded in Saudi roadside bomb attack – SPA agency