Two people have been killed and two more have been wounded in a suicide bomb attack outside a foreign-run military compound in Afghanistan this morning. Interior Ministry spokesman Najib Danesh confirmed that the victims were both local guards.
The Taliban have claimed responsibility for the blast in the diplomatic area of Kabul.
The United States and British embassies, and the headquarters of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force are located near where the attack took place.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > News
- 12:52 CET In Greece, a vote befitting the birthplace of democracy?
- 12:20 CET France refuses asylum request by Wikileaks founder Assange
- 12:04 CET China angered by new U.S. military strategy report
- 11:54 CET Danish government plans to cut refugee benefits to slow migrant…
- 11:43 CET German foreign minister urges quick clarification of reports on…
- 11:32 CET Israel accuses Hamas of aiding Islamic State in Egypt
- 11:19 CET No breakthrough in talks between Iran and nuclear watchdog
- 10:31 CET Quake in rural China kills six, damages thousands of homes