The renowned metal-musician-cum-horror-film-maker Rob Zombie has been talking about his upcoming film “The Lords of Salem” a horror movie he wrote and directed that is due out next year.
It’s the story of the city of Salem in Massachusetts visited by a coven of ancient witches.
The film was screened at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival and won generally positive reviews.
“It’s real easy to learn a certain bag of tricks and just keep doing it like you can almost keep doing it on auto pilot. So for this film I kind of went against everything I would want normally want to do,” Zombie explained. “Normally I would want to shoot handheld, I would want to shoot on film. You can tend to make everything seem the same. Sometimes (it) makes the fans happy, sometimes it doesn’t. So I went in an opposite direction of just stylistically trying to make a completely different movie.”
Zombie came to filmmaking in 2000 after a long career in music which started in the eighties. He has released nine studio albums, the latest in August of this year.
In fact he said it is impossible for him to choose between making music or making movies.
“Film and music just seem indistinguishable from one another. I mean music is incredibly important for any film obviously, but for me I feel like it’s really (even more) important. Any time there’s music in my movies, I always know I’m going to use it in advance of shooting. Sometimes it will even inspire the script. So it’s become like I can’t even hear or see one without the other at any time so.”
Zombie is keeping busy with both genres. He is currently working on a new movie while on the road with Marilyn Manson on the “Twins of Evil” tour in both the United States and Europe.
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 9latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 14Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 16Fukushima: Tepco admits contaminated water leak into the Pacific
- 17‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 18Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
latest le mag news
The Dark Years – an exhibition in Berlin of art during the years of the Second World War
Pentatonix riding a wave of success
‘Madame Bovary’ and the danger inherent in art
‘Under Japanese influence’ Sukita’s Bowie photos on show
‘Hip-Hop Nutcracker’ Tchaikovsky meets urban street dance