Residents scattered as a rocket fired from Gaza landed in their neighbourhood. This was the southern Israeli city of Ashdod on Tuesday.
Emergency services cordoned off the area. An apartment was damaged but no one was injured.
Officials say more than 150 rockets were fired from Gaza on Tuesday afternoon, many intercepted by the Iron Dome defence system. But it is not infallible. One of the interceptors failed on Tuesday and crashes to the ground.
A rocket fell on the town of Rishon Lezion near Tel Aviv, causing damage but no casualties. Elsewhere, an 18 year old Israeli soldier has been killed, as well as a civilian in a separate attack.
Israeli army units, in place around the Gaza Strip, fire self-propelled artillery into the coastal enclave. They are poised to begin a ground invasion, should diplomatic efforts in Egypt come to nothing.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > News
- 23:00 CET Polish president concedes election defeat to conservative…
- 21:11 CET Greece hasn’t got the money to make June IMF repayment – interior…
- 20:54 CET Syria says Islamic State kills hundreds, including children, in…
- 20:41 CET Libyan government warplanes attack oil tanker docked at Sirte
- 20:27 CET John Nash, mathematician who inspired ‘A Beautiful Mind’, killed…
- 18:50 CET Ex-advisor to Peruvian president disappears in Bolivia
- 18:30 CET U.S., allies conduct 17 airstrikes against Islamic State in Syria…
- 17:26 CET Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes north of Tonga – USGS