Residents scattered as a rocket fired from Gaza landed in their neighbourhood. This was the southern Israeli city of Ashdod on Tuesday.
Emergency services cordoned off the area. An apartment was damaged but no one was injured.
Officials say more than 150 rockets were fired from Gaza on Tuesday afternoon, many intercepted by the Iron Dome defence system. But it is not infallible. One of the interceptors failed on Tuesday and crashes to the ground.
A rocket fell on the town of Rishon Lezion near Tel Aviv, causing damage but no casualties. Elsewhere, an 18 year old Israeli soldier has been killed, as well as a civilian in a separate attack.
Israeli army units, in place around the Gaza Strip, fire self-propelled artillery into the coastal enclave. They are poised to begin a ground invasion, should diplomatic efforts in Egypt come to nothing.
- 1Massive petition calls for EU referendum re-run
- 2Millions sign referendum re-run petition
- 3What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 4‘No need to be nasty’ Merkel wants clear-headed Brexit talks
- 5David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 1What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 2Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty explained
- 5EU friendly London shocked after Britain vote to leave
Latest world news
Brexit crisis hits UK Labour opposition as revolt threatens Corbyn leadership
Hundreds of West African migrants rescued in Mediterranean taken to Italy
Myanmar burns large pile of heroin and marijuana on UN anti-drugs day
US National Guard help rescue effort in flood-hit West Virginia
Millions sign referendum re-run petition
Wires > News
- 13:20 CET British EU exit turmoil alarms Asia, rocks Labour opposition
- 12:36 CET China bus fire kills 35
- 11:57 CET Iran supreme leader – Bahrain’s move against top cleric risks…
- 11:40 CET Iraqi forces retake Islamic State holdout in Falluja
- 11:22 CET Islamic State militants launch new attacks in eastern Afghanistan
- 11:21 CET Assailant gets life for Jerusalem Gay Pride stabbing spree
- 10:45 CET Kenya aims to cut size of Somali refugee camp by about half by…
- 09:59 CET Australian PM urges stability vote in national poll after Brexit…