As news of the bus blast filtered through to Gaza sweets were passed round the Kamal Adwan and Shifa hospitals in Gaza City.
The strips medical services have been swamped by the wounded since Israel began its round-the-clock bombing.
“This is a natural reaction, a besieged people being attacked from land, sea and air. It is very natural that such a thing has happened. Too much pressure creates an explosion. It is not revenge it is a natural reaction,” said one man.
“We want the resistance to continue with many more martyrdom missions, which makes us, the Palestinian people happy. It is a response to the crimes of the criminal occupier,” said another.
It may well be the last chance to celebrate for a while as hopes for a ceasefire fade.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > News
- 04:50 CET China completes construction of lighthouses in disputed South…
- 01:59 CET Student charged with killing one, wounding three at Arizona…
- 01:43 CET China says U.S. human rights report biased
- 01:11 CET Western countries say endorse unity government for Libya
- 00:56 CET Gunmen kill three Burkina Faso gendarmes near Mali border
- 00:26 CET Exclusive – U.S. warns governments, bankers Iran sanctions still…
- 23:57 CET Pre-election clash in Guinea capital kills two, wounds 33
- 23:14 CET Two alleged Hezbollah associates face U.S. arms, money laundering…