As news of the bus blast filtered through to Gaza sweets were passed round the Kamal Adwan and Shifa hospitals in Gaza City.
The strips medical services have been swamped by the wounded since Israel began its round-the-clock bombing.
“This is a natural reaction, a besieged people being attacked from land, sea and air. It is very natural that such a thing has happened. Too much pressure creates an explosion. It is not revenge it is a natural reaction,” said one man.
“We want the resistance to continue with many more martyrdom missions, which makes us, the Palestinian people happy. It is a response to the crimes of the criminal occupier,” said another.
It may well be the last chance to celebrate for a while as hopes for a ceasefire fade.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5Ukraine offers devolution as pro-Russian separatists vow to continue protests
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 19:13 CET Italy gives wife, daughter of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status
- 19:04 CET Egyptian court jails Muslim Brotherhood leader for insulting…
- 17:05 CET Strong 7.5 magnitude quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- 17:05 CET Iran says plane at airport leased to Ghana after U.S.-flagged…
- 17:04 CET New militant group claims responsibility for Friday blast in Cairo
- 17:00 CET Two killed in Bahrain car explosion
- 15:39 CET Kidnapped French journalists found on Turkey’s Syrian border
- 15:36 CET In Damascus, Christians briefly ignore war for Easter