As news of the bus blast filtered through to Gaza sweets were passed round the Kamal Adwan and Shifa hospitals in Gaza City.
The strips medical services have been swamped by the wounded since Israel began its round-the-clock bombing.
“This is a natural reaction, a besieged people being attacked from land, sea and air. It is very natural that such a thing has happened. Too much pressure creates an explosion. It is not revenge it is a natural reaction,” said one man.
“We want the resistance to continue with many more martyrdom missions, which makes us, the Palestinian people happy. It is a response to the crimes of the criminal occupier,” said another.
It may well be the last chance to celebrate for a while as hopes for a ceasefire fade.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Maritime drama deepens as Sweden extends ‘mystery submarine’ search
- 2German intelligence report blames pro-Russian rebels for MH17 crash
- 3Total boss dies in Moscow air crash
- 4Blast rocks Donetsk chemical plant
- 5Total oil CEO Christophe de Margerie dies in Moscow plane crash; snowplough driver was ‘drunk’
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 9Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 10Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 15Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 16euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 17All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > News
- 14:13 CET Baghdad restaurant bombs kill 21
- 14:11 CET Canadian soldier dead after hit by ‘radicalised’ driver
- 14:10 CET Pope to visit Turkey as region’s Christians flee Islamic State…
- 14:07 CET U.S., Japan to conduct joint military drill for island defence
- 14:03 CET Poland to appeal European Court ruling on CIA jails
- 14:00 CET EU targets ministers, UAE firm in latest Syria sanctions
- 13:41 CET Sudan’s Bashir chosen by his ruling party as sole candidate for…
- 13:38 CET Slim majority of Swiss back severe new immigration limits – poll