As news of the bus blast filtered through to Gaza sweets were passed round the Kamal Adwan and Shifa hospitals in Gaza City.
The strips medical services have been swamped by the wounded since Israel began its round-the-clock bombing.
“This is a natural reaction, a besieged people being attacked from land, sea and air. It is very natural that such a thing has happened. Too much pressure creates an explosion. It is not revenge it is a natural reaction,” said one man.
“We want the resistance to continue with many more martyrdom missions, which makes us, the Palestinian people happy. It is a response to the crimes of the criminal occupier,” said another.
It may well be the last chance to celebrate for a while as hopes for a ceasefire fade.
- 1Greek Prime Minister Tsipras confirms referendum, calls for Greeks to reject creditors’ proposal
- 2Time runs out: Greece misses 1.6 billion-euro IMF repayment
- 3Crowdfunded site for Greek debt nears €1,500,000 in contributions
- 4Greece’s eurozone future in balance as bailout expires
- 5Ukraine stops buying Russian gas over price row
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > News
- 00:02 CET Egyptian army kills 35 militants in North Sinai -sources
- 23:22 CET Malaysia tells U.N. Security Council of push for MH17 tribunal
- 23:18 CET No sweat? Colombia turns to lie detectors to tackle government…
- 22:51 CET Suspected Boko Haram gunmen kill ‘many’ in Nigeria attack
- 22:28 CET Four allies quit Tsipras’ coalition over bailout referendum
- 22:01 CET U.N. says Burundi election was not free, fair or credible
- 20:31 CET Syria rejects U.N. criticism of barrel bombs, says ‘technical‘…
- 20:21 CET Pope’s South American trip – defending the poor and the planet