As news of the bus blast filtered through to Gaza sweets were passed round the Kamal Adwan and Shifa hospitals in Gaza City.
The strips medical services have been swamped by the wounded since Israel began its round-the-clock bombing.
“This is a natural reaction, a besieged people being attacked from land, sea and air. It is very natural that such a thing has happened. Too much pressure creates an explosion. It is not revenge it is a natural reaction,” said one man.
“We want the resistance to continue with many more martyrdom missions, which makes us, the Palestinian people happy. It is a response to the crimes of the criminal occupier,” said another.
It may well be the last chance to celebrate for a while as hopes for a ceasefire fade.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1South Korea ferry trial: students tell how they floated to safety
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Blackout: Gaza’s only power plant destroyed by Israeli tank attack
- 4Israel warns of ‘long-lasting operation’ in Gaza as at least five Israeli soldiers killed
- 5Palestinian children killed by missile strike while at play in Gaza
- 1Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 2Muslims around the world get set to celebrate the ending of Ramadan
- 3Japan teenager arrested for beheading classmate
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 347 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Wires > News
- 18:09 CET U.S. nuclear negotiator will not guarantee end to Iran extensions
- 17:44 CET Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang – Xinhua
- 17:31 CET U.S.-Iran nuclear negotiator ‘concerned’ about detention of…
- 16:22 CET Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- 16:15 CET Suspect in Jewish Museum attack extradited to Belgium
- 15:46 CET Colombia’s Marxist ELN rebels to blame for explosions – police
- 15:38 CET Ex-Catalan chief Pujol stripped of titles in Spain tax scandal
- 15:23 CET Islamic State video wages psychological war on Iraqi soldiers