American computer giant Hewlett-Packard has asked US and UK authorities to investigate what it claims was a, “wilful effort to mislead” by UK company Autonomy.
The request comes following their takeover of the software group.
HP said it recorded a 6.8 billion euro writedown because of the purchase pushing the company to a 5.3 billion loss.
“We did a whole host of due diligence but when you are lied to, it’s hard to find,” said Meg Whitman, HP’s chief executive.
Autonomy reject the allegations with former Chief Executive Mike Lynch believing HP is trying to deflect from its worst financial results in its 70-year history.
The American company is also focusing on Deloitte the accountancy firm which audited Autonomy’s accounts.
The takeover was completed last October at a cost of 9.3 billion euros.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 3Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 4eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6International news | euronews, latest international news
- 7English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 10Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 11Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 12euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 13London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 14‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 15[Watch] Passengers emergency evacuate crash-landed Airbus A330 | euronews, world news
- 16Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 17European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 18Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 19Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 20Exclusive: Sudan’s Bashir on ISIL, Darfur and accusations of genocide and war crimes | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > Business
- 20:35 CET Fiat Chrysler’s Marchionne earned 31.3 mln euros in 2014
- 20:12 CET U.S. labour market flexes muscles as February payrolls soar
- 20:06 CET GSK sacks 110 China staff in wake of drug bribery case – sources
- 19:31 CET Air France-KLM to launch Servair stake sale soon – sources
- 19:28 CET At long last, Dow gets a taste for Apple
- 19:22 CET Britons’ inflation expectations slide to lowest level in more than…
- 18:20 CET Investors shun UK utilities as election nears
- 17:54 CET Jobs report clears way for Fed to flag June rate hike