American computer giant Hewlett-Packard has asked US and UK authorities to investigate what it claims was a, “wilful effort to mislead” by UK company Autonomy.
The request comes following their takeover of the software group.
HP said it recorded a 6.8 billion euro writedown because of the purchase pushing the company to a 5.3 billion loss.
“We did a whole host of due diligence but when you are lied to, it’s hard to find,” said Meg Whitman, HP’s chief executive.
Autonomy reject the allegations with former Chief Executive Mike Lynch believing HP is trying to deflect from its worst financial results in its 70-year history.
The American company is also focusing on Deloitte the accountancy firm which audited Autonomy’s accounts.
The takeover was completed last October at a cost of 9.3 billion euros.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 8Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 9Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 15Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > Business
- 01:15 CET Volkswagen board members demanded Piech go after learning of…
- 01:03 CET 5,000 small firms back Conservatives ahead of elections – Telegraph
- 00:32 CET Government would oppose any takeover of BP – FT
- 21:29 CET Analysis – SEC’s stock market reform club locks out retail brokers
- 20:43 CET Sika’s family owner seeks to overturn AGM decisions about takeover
- 20:28 CET HSBC considering spinning off British retail bank – Sunday Times
- 20:03 CET German Chancellor, Greek PM agree to stay in touch to reach debt…
- 16:23 CET Serbia seals deal with Abu Dhabi developer for controversial…