American computer giant Hewlett-Packard has asked US and UK authorities to investigate what it claims was a, “wilful effort to mislead” by UK company Autonomy.
The request comes following their takeover of the software group.
HP said it recorded a 6.8 billion euro writedown because of the purchase pushing the company to a 5.3 billion loss.
“We did a whole host of due diligence but when you are lied to, it’s hard to find,” said Meg Whitman, HP’s chief executive.
Autonomy reject the allegations with former Chief Executive Mike Lynch believing HP is trying to deflect from its worst financial results in its 70-year history.
The American company is also focusing on Deloitte the accountancy firm which audited Autonomy’s accounts.
The takeover was completed last October at a cost of 9.3 billion euros.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 06:05 CET GVC says could go hostile if Bwin accepts 888’s offer – Times
- 05:52 CET IMF’s Lagarde warns of spillover risks from recent volatility
- 05:28 CET Oil prices extend losses on U.S. oil inventory, manufacturing data
- 05:20 CET Japan lawmakers urge bourse, regulators to be tough on Toshiba
- 04:21 CET Ex-Hanlong head pleads guilty to insider trading in Australia
- 03:53 CET China sets deadline for clean-up of grey market margin financing -…
- 03:32 CET China signs off on 3.2 billion pound loan to boost Venezuela oil…
- 03:18 CET LVMH hires former Apple executive as digital director