American computer giant Hewlett-Packard has asked US and UK authorities to investigate what it claims was a, “wilful effort to mislead” by UK company Autonomy.
The request comes following their takeover of the software group.
HP said it recorded a 6.8 billion euro writedown because of the purchase pushing the company to a 5.3 billion loss.
“We did a whole host of due diligence but when you are lied to, it’s hard to find,” said Meg Whitman, HP’s chief executive.
Autonomy reject the allegations with former Chief Executive Mike Lynch believing HP is trying to deflect from its worst financial results in its 70-year history.
The American company is also focusing on Deloitte the accountancy firm which audited Autonomy’s accounts.
The takeover was completed last October at a cost of 9.3 billion euros.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 3Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 4New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 5Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 6Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 73D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 8Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 9Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 10Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 11Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 12Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 13Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 14#Indyref Live: Scotland votes on independence from UK | euronews, world news
- 15Thousands ‘evade’ Ebola lockdown in Sierra Leone | euronews, world news
- 16British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 17Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 18The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 19Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 20Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
Wires > Business
- 15:43 CET Sainsbury’s to review dividend as sales slide
- 15:36 CET Wealth in Europe at record high of 56 trillion euros – report
- 15:35 CET Canada manufacturing growth cools in September
- 15:26 CET Peugeot chief keeps door open to partnerships
- 15:18 CET Wealth in Europe at all-time high of 56 trillion euros – report
- 15:11 CET Need to monitor, not stifle shadow banks, IMF says
- 14:38 CET Sainsbury’s to review dividend as sales slide
- 14:31 CET Cameron’s UK tax cut pledges to cost 7.2 billion pounds by 2020 -…