American computer giant Hewlett-Packard has asked US and UK authorities to investigate what it claims was a, “wilful effort to mislead” by UK company Autonomy.
The request comes following their takeover of the software group.
HP said it recorded a 6.8 billion euro writedown because of the purchase pushing the company to a 5.3 billion loss.
“We did a whole host of due diligence but when you are lied to, it’s hard to find,” said Meg Whitman, HP’s chief executive.
Autonomy reject the allegations with former Chief Executive Mike Lynch believing HP is trying to deflect from its worst financial results in its 70-year history.
The American company is also focusing on Deloitte the accountancy firm which audited Autonomy’s accounts.
The takeover was completed last October at a cost of 9.3 billion euros.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 10Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 11eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
Wires > Business
- 03:34 CET Fed’s Fischer floats shadow bank regulation framework
- 01:19 CET UK consumer confidence hits 12-year high in March – GfK
- 00:13 CET J&J, Glaxo settle U.S. lawsuit over allergy ads
- 23:02 CET Greek PM says wants ‘honest compromise’ but not at any cost
- 22:58 CET Miners Teck, Antofagasta deny they are in merger talks
- 22:55 CET China, Japan, S.Korea halt Thai air route expansion on safety…
- 22:36 CET Antofagasta denies reports in merger talks with Teck Resources
- 22:34 CET Teck denies report on merger talks with Antofagasta