American computer giant Hewlett-Packard has asked US and UK authorities to investigate what it claims was a, “wilful effort to mislead” by UK company Autonomy.
The request comes following their takeover of the software group.
HP said it recorded a 6.8 billion euro writedown because of the purchase pushing the company to a 5.3 billion loss.
“We did a whole host of due diligence but when you are lied to, it’s hard to find,” said Meg Whitman, HP’s chief executive.
Autonomy reject the allegations with former Chief Executive Mike Lynch believing HP is trying to deflect from its worst financial results in its 70-year history.
The American company is also focusing on Deloitte the accountancy firm which audited Autonomy’s accounts.
The takeover was completed last October at a cost of 9.3 billion euros.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 9Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 10Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 15Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 16euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 17All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > Business
- 02:58 CET Quiet critic of Kuroda’s ‘monetary shamanism’ turns up the volume
- 02:33 CET Quiet critic of Kuroda’s ‘monetary shamanism’ turns up the volume
- 02:29 CET Asian shares bask in glow of U.S. tech earnings
- 02:15 CET Senior U.S. Treasury official to visit Japan, meet BOJ governor
- 01:00 CET Quiet critic of Kuroda’s ‘monetary shamanism’ turns up the volume
- 00:32 CET More lawsuits filed against Honda, Takata over air bags
- 00:05 CET After huge jet orders, budget airlines eye rich seam of aircraft…
- 00:02 CET Quiet critic of Kuroda’s ‘monetary shamanism’ turns up the volume