American computer giant Hewlett-Packard has asked US and UK authorities to investigate what it claims was a, “wilful effort to mislead” by UK company Autonomy.
The request comes following their takeover of the software group.
HP said it recorded a 6.8 billion euro writedown because of the purchase pushing the company to a 5.3 billion loss.
“We did a whole host of due diligence but when you are lied to, it’s hard to find,” said Meg Whitman, HP’s chief executive.
Autonomy reject the allegations with former Chief Executive Mike Lynch believing HP is trying to deflect from its worst financial results in its 70-year history.
The American company is also focusing on Deloitte the accountancy firm which audited Autonomy’s accounts.
The takeover was completed last October at a cost of 9.3 billion euros.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 5Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 13Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 16International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 17International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > Business
- 10:12 CET Payrolls to test second quarter climate for Fed
- 10:06 CET China, Japan, South Korea commit to economic policies supporting…
- 05:10 CET Exclusive – Siemens healthcare unit probed by China regulator for…
- 21:14 CET Buffett celebrates 50th year at Berkshire, gave no hint of…
- 15:59 CET Exclusive – European Union sees supplies of natural gas from…
- 15:09 CET Adidas CEO says first-quarter results will show company is ‘back…
- 14:10 CET Lower Saxony premier says VW power struggle is over – paper
- 12:05 CET ADB says will maintain standards when cooperating with AIIB