20/11/12 17:16 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
An earlier Hamas announcement that a ceasefire with Israel has been agreed appears premature.
A Hamas official now claims that the truce has been held up because the Israeli government has yet to respond to the proposals.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is in the region and has met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Mrs Clinton will then move on the West Bank to meet with Palestinian leaders before arriving in Cairo for talks with President Mursi.
Latest world news
SNP claims third win in Scotland as Labour suffers in UK elections
UN official calls for inquiry into air strike on Syria refugee camp
Canada: Alberta wildfire threatens communities south of Fort McMurray
Syria: Russian orchestra holds concert in Palmyra ruins
Labour election losses in Scotland deliver big blow to Corbyn
Wires > News
- 12:50 CET Podemos seen losing support ahead of Spanish election repeat -…
- 12:24 CET Philippines’ Aquino supporting pact to stop Duterte winning…
- 12:17 CET In India’s slums, domestic workers’ daughters campaign for their…
- 11:53 CET Islamist rebels seize village near Aleppo, 73 killed – monitor
- 11:26 CET India’s Congress rallies in show of defiance against Modi
- 11:17 CET EU expects cooperation from subsequent Turkish government to…
- 11:12 CET Islamic State seeks news blackout in Mosul as Iraqi army nears
- 10:37 CET China says South China Sea criticism could rebound like coiled…