This month marks the 90th anniversary of the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun by Howard Carter.
The High resolution recording and production of an exact facsimile of the Tomb of Tutankhamun is part of a major initiative by the Supreme Council of Antiquities to preserve the tombs in the Valley of the Kings. The project is being run by the University of Basel with permission from the Supreme Council of Antiquities. The agreement covers the tombs of Seti I, Nefertari and Tutankhamun.
Factum Art spent two months in the most famous of tombs scanning it in 3D. All the details were digitalized, even the accumulated dust. After the recording, the processing of data and the production of the tomb and the sarcophagus of Tutankhamun was carried out in Factum Art’s warehouse in Madrid.
The Egyptian government will install the replica of the tomb in the Valley of the Kings (Egypt) and will shut the authentic one in order to preserve it.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest science news
Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
Morocco sets off on 10 year plan to hold back the desert
Retreating ice reveals climate secrets on Qori Kalis glacier
Italy’s army bringing down the cost of getting high on medical marijuana
Powerful MRI scanners could predict diseases