This month marks the 90th anniversary of the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun by Howard Carter.
The High resolution recording and production of an exact facsimile of the Tomb of Tutankhamun is part of a major initiative by the Supreme Council of Antiquities to preserve the tombs in the Valley of the Kings. The project is being run by the University of Basel with permission from the Supreme Council of Antiquities. The agreement covers the tombs of Seti I, Nefertari and Tutankhamun.
Factum Art spent two months in the most famous of tombs scanning it in 3D. All the details were digitalized, even the accumulated dust. After the recording, the processing of data and the production of the tomb and the sarcophagus of Tutankhamun was carried out in Factum Art’s warehouse in Madrid.
The Egyptian government will install the replica of the tomb in the Valley of the Kings (Egypt) and will shut the authentic one in order to preserve it.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 20Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job