Thousands have turned out in cities across Egypt to protest against the Israeli airstrikes on Gaza
Many carried banners pledging support for the Palestinian enclave in the face of what some described as “blatant aggresssion”.
In Tunis as many as 4,000 are reported to have marched through the streets. For many in the country where the Arab Spring uprisings began, the plight of those living in Gaza has turned into another cause.
“We are calling for solidarity from the people of Arab Spring countries, to support the Palestinians and Gaza people to resist the occupation,” said one protester.
Tunisia’s government has called for an urgent meeting of the UN Security Council proposing sanctions against Israel.
And in Turkey hundreds marched towards Israel’s consulate in Istanbul.
Once close allies, Turkey’s prime minister has accused Israeli leaders of ordering the offensive against Gaza militants while keeping one eye on legislative elections in January.
- 1‘One day the world will know my name’, Germanwings co-pilot Lubitz ‘declared’
- 2Amanda Knox: ‘Joy’ as murder conviction overturned
- 3Doctor had excused co-pilot from work on day of tragic flight 9525
- 4Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note and ‘mystery illness’ raise more questions about co-pilot
- 5Germanwings plane crash explanation stuns Europe
- 1Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note for day of crash is found at home of Germanwings co-pilot
- 2Germanwings crash: Andreas Lubitz ‘received treatment for depression’
- 3Germanwings plane crash explanation stuns Europe
- 4German police remove items from flight 9525 co-pilot’s homes
- 5Author Scott Westerfeld captures dramatic footage after New York gas explosion
- 1Germanwings crash: search suspended
- 2Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 3Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 4Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note for day of crash is found at home of Germanwings co-pilot
- 5Amazement in the hometown of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 11Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 12Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 13Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 18Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 19Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
- 20Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 18:21 CET Kenya hits out at Britain’s tougher travel warning
- 17:06 CET Saudi blogger Badawi views survival of 50 lashes as miracle -…
- 16:20 CET Pakistan militants deny 30 killed in renewed Khyber fighting
- 15:17 CET At least eight killed by gunmen in northeast Nigeria – …
- 14:51 CET Bangladesh central bank governor says banks to be investigated for…
- 13:15 CET Three more Kenyan ministers vacate office to allow graft probe
- 13:01 CET Four Iraqi soldiers killed fighting with Islamic State in Tikrit
- 12:55 CET Somalia hotel siege ends, 14 dead – government