Israeli aircraft have struck Hamas government buildings in Gaza, including the offices of Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh after the city suffered overnight air strikes.
This comes after Israel’s cabinet gave the go ahead to call up 75,000 reservists for a possible ground invasion in response to Palestinian militants firing towards the country.
Despite the violence, Tunisia’s foreign minister Rafik Abdesslam visited the Gaza Strip.This comes just a day after Egypt’s Prime Minister Hisham Kandil’s trip to the area, showing growing solidarity since the Arab uprisings across the region.
“Israel should know that the world is changing and a lot of water has gone under the bridge, also in Arab countries. Israel cannot continue to use force, it is not above the law and has no special protection. It is not above international law and we condemn their action,” said the Tunisian minister.
Since Wednesday, when Israel killed Hamas’s military chief, officials say over 30 Palestinians have died including several children. Three Israelis were killed in a rocket attack on Thursday.
US President Barack Obama has spoken with both Egypts’s President Mohamed Morsi commending his efforts to start negotiating a truce while discussing ways of de-escalating the situation with Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Palestinian militants have fired hundreds of rockets in response to the Israeli air campaign. This has disrupted life across southern Israel including in the town of Be’er Tuvia. Hamas claimed responsibility for firing at Tel Aviv’s commercial centre and, for the first time in decades, at Jerusalem. The last time a Palestinian rocket hit the city was in 1970.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 2Rescuers in China get aid through to quake-struck village on foot
- 3Two gunmen shot dead at art show featuring Mohammad cartoons in Texas
- 4ISIL now ‘weak,’ says Iraqi PM
- 5Ethopian Israelis protest in Tel Aviv against police brutality and racism
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 5Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 17Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 18Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 13:45 CET Kerry heading to Middle East this week – State Department
- 12:47 CET Italian PM Renzi promises more reform once electoral law passes
- 12:45 CET Army officer reported hurt in Damascus suicide bombing; army…
- 12:37 CET Two U.N. peacekeepers wounded by Syria mortars on Golan Heights
- 12:26 CET Spain rescues 21 migrants in boat off south coast
- 12:13 CET U.S. oil delegation to visit Iran this week – Iranian official
- 12:05 CET Suicide bomber targets Afghan civil servants’ bus in Kabul
- 11:53 CET Israeli guards shoot Palestinian attacker in Jerusalem – police