Israeli aircraft have struck Hamas government buildings in Gaza, including the offices of Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh after the city suffered overnight air strikes.
This comes after Israel’s cabinet gave the go ahead to call up 75,000 reservists for a possible ground invasion in response to Palestinian militants firing towards the country.
Despite the violence, Tunisia’s foreign minister Rafik Abdesslam visited the Gaza Strip.This comes just a day after Egypt’s Prime Minister Hisham Kandil’s trip to the area, showing growing solidarity since the Arab uprisings across the region.
“Israel should know that the world is changing and a lot of water has gone under the bridge, also in Arab countries. Israel cannot continue to use force, it is not above the law and has no special protection. It is not above international law and we condemn their action,” said the Tunisian minister.
Since Wednesday, when Israel killed Hamas’s military chief, officials say over 30 Palestinians have died including several children. Three Israelis were killed in a rocket attack on Thursday.
US President Barack Obama has spoken with both Egypts’s President Mohamed Morsi commending his efforts to start negotiating a truce while discussing ways of de-escalating the situation with Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Palestinian militants have fired hundreds of rockets in response to the Israeli air campaign. This has disrupted life across southern Israel including in the town of Be’er Tuvia. Hamas claimed responsibility for firing at Tel Aviv’s commercial centre and, for the first time in decades, at Jerusalem. The last time a Palestinian rocket hit the city was in 1970.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 4NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 5Latest News Bulletin
- 6At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 7Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 18[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 19Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 20Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
Latest world news
Twin blasts kill dozens in Turkish capital
Party in Pyongyang: North Korea celebrates 70 years of Worker’s Party
US and Russia to resume talks on air safety over Syria
Friday proves deadly in Israel and the Palestinian territories as violence goes up another notch
Obama met by pro-gun protests at scene of latest school shooting in Oregon
Wires > News
- 12:32 CET Twin bombs kill 30 at pro-Kurdish rally in Turkish capital
- 12:05 CET Nobel laureate chemist Richard Heck, 84, dies in Manila
- 11:51 CET Spain arrests 89 accused of running people-smuggling ring
- 11:22 CET Isolated North Korea says ready for war with U.S. as it marks…
- 10:56 CET Hundreds face off in Australian town in anti-Islam protest
- 10:16 CET Accidental China restaurant explosion kills at least 17 – Xinhua
- 10:13 CET Germany, European Commission mull solidarity tax for refugees -…
- 08:53 CET Turkish police detain editor of paper close to Erdogan foe – media