Paris Photo, the Paris International Photography Fair, this year invited film director David Lynch to choose his personal favourites from among the photos on exhibition. It wasn’t an easy choice.
Photography has become increasingly accepted as an art form over the last 20 years – and like fine art is starting to become an investment. The fair attracted photography professionals from all over the world. A lot of the work on display is by women, and deals with social and political issues.
German photographer Thomas Ruff also made an appearance at the fair.
The exhibition will shift to Los Angeles in April 2013.
For more information see
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2The enthralling colourful timbres of Dutch violin virtuoso Janine Jansen
- 3Eurovision logo says a lot about EU’s health
- 4Bulgarian businessman turns passion for Soviet-era cars into museum spectacle
- 5Tom Hanks’ latest film takes him on journey of self-discovery