Poland’s Robert Kubica, whose Formula One career was put on hold after a near-fatal rally accident in 2011, hopes to return to the track despite still nursing an arm injury.
The 27 year old will drive a Citroen C4 on two national events this month, including this weekend’s Rally di Como.
Kubica, who competed in 76 Formula One GPs from 2006 to 2010 prior to his horrific crash in February last year, is also due to take part in the Rallye du Var in France next weekend.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Sport
- 19:43 CET Athletics roiled by mass doping allegations after blood test leak
- 18:38 CET Italy’s Berlusconi agrees AC Milan stake sale by end Sept
- 18:08 CET Arsenal get morale-boosting win over Chelsea
- 17:34 CET Jorgensen wins 12th race in a row in Rio
- 17:29 CET Swede Sjostrom sets world record in 100m butterfly
- 17:25 CET Ervine’s maiden ton leads Zimbabwe to rare win
- 16:22 CET Nadal claims 67th career title with Hamburg Open victory
- 15:57 CET ‘Frisbee’ comes of age, earns Olympic recognition