Poland’s Robert Kubica, whose Formula One career was put on hold after a near-fatal rally accident in 2011, hopes to return to the track despite still nursing an arm injury.
The 27 year old will drive a Citroen C4 on two national events this month, including this weekend’s Rally di Como.
Kubica, who competed in 76 Formula One GPs from 2006 to 2010 prior to his horrific crash in February last year, is also due to take part in the Rallye du Var in France next weekend.
- 1Cancellara in yellow; Greipal wins stage 2 of the Tour de France
- 2Mongolia and Japan call the shots at Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix
- 3Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix visitors impress in Mongolia
- 4Solid gold Hamilton speeds silver arrow to victory at Silverstone.
- 5Rohan Dennis record breaking Lycra lad wins Tour de France Grand Depart
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > Sport
- 12:32 CET McIlroy suffers severe ankle injury ahead of British Open
- 11:30 CET Asian football head lauds confederation after Japan run
- 11:13 CET Liverpool appoint coaches O’Driscoll and Lijnders
- 10:24 CET Singapore-bound Serena becomes earliest Finals qualifier
- 09:16 CET Kyrgios says will play Davis Cup for Australia
- 08:38 CET Cummins ready to take the red ball after Ashes call-up
- 08:04 CET Women’s World Cup offers hope amid FIFA crisis
- 07:07 CET Wambach coy on international future after World Cup win