Israeli citizens living in the south of the country are on alert as the violence between Israel and Hamas intensifies.
Authorities have informed residents to stay close to home or to a network of public bomb shelters.
In Beer Sheva normally bustling shopping malls are deathly quiet:
“In my opinion this situation is not good and it’s scary to come here to the mall or be on the streets when there is no one around. But I don’t think anything will change if the IDF goes in because in 2008 they did the same and here we are again,” said Leah Polski a 15-year-old from the city.
In Kiryat Malachi families packed up their belongings to move out of range of the Hamas rockets.
“Hopefully it’s going to be a day or two days, but until the missiles stop I don’t think I am going to take the risk,” said one anxious father as the car, fully loaded, left town.
For Israeli civilians fleeing the conflict there is an escape route, for the Palestinians there is none.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 10Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 11NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 13‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 19Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 20Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
Wires > News
- 15:11 CET Six powers and Iran to continue nuclear talks past deadline – EU
- 15:09 CET Brazil’s Rousseff tells paper she is uncowed by opposition calls…
- 14:41 CET Srebrenica resolution would widen divisions in Bosnia, Serbs tell…
- 14:18 CET Turkish opposition accuses Erdogan of stalling on government…
- 14:15 CET Judge quits Cambodia’s troubled Khmer Rouge trials
- 14:10 CET Six powers, Iran to continue nuclear talks past deadline – EU
- 13:57 CET Palestinians connect to Jerusalem holy shrine with ‘selfies’
- 13:50 CET Migrant sailboat sinks in Aegean, at least 17 missing