Israeli citizens living in the south of the country are on alert as the violence between Israel and Hamas intensifies.
Authorities have informed residents to stay close to home or to a network of public bomb shelters.
In Beer Sheva normally bustling shopping malls are deathly quiet:
“In my opinion this situation is not good and it’s scary to come here to the mall or be on the streets when there is no one around. But I don’t think anything will change if the IDF goes in because in 2008 they did the same and here we are again,” said Leah Polski a 15-year-old from the city.
In Kiryat Malachi families packed up their belongings to move out of range of the Hamas rockets.
“Hopefully it’s going to be a day or two days, but until the missiles stop I don’t think I am going to take the risk,” said one anxious father as the car, fully loaded, left town.
For Israeli civilians fleeing the conflict there is an escape route, for the Palestinians there is none.
- 1‘Human error responsible’ for deadly Bad Aibling train crash – sources
- 2Two commuter trains collide head-on in Germany
- 3Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people
- 4Refugees in Hungary offered classes to speed integration
- 5New migrant tragedy claims 27 lives as Greece grapples with refugee crisis
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 4Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 5Partnering to grow Europe
- 6Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 13Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 15Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 19Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
Wires > News
- 22:16 CET Consternation at Austrian case of Nazi camp survivors called ‘a…
- 22:01 CET U.N. Security Council members push Russia to stop Aleppo bombing
- 21:58 CET U.S. says political crisis building in Democratic Republic of Congo
- 21:48 CET Republicans Christie, Fiorina dropping White House bids
- 21:23 CET Congo opposition calls for general strike to make Kabila stand down
- 20:24 CET Damascus expects tough but short battle for Aleppo
- 20:12 CET Argentine football team Huracan’s bus overturns in Venezuela…
- 20:05 CET Poland to join fight vs Islamic State in return for NATO help in…