What if the traditional ways of using classroom teaching and homework were swapped around?
Where children learn the basics of a subject at home allowing them to tackle the more complicated problems in class with the teacher?
In this edition of Learning World we meet pioneering teachers who use modern technology to the fullest to tackle learning from a different angle. “Flipped” learning allows teachers to monitor the progress of students even better, as well as allowing each student the chance to progress at their own speed.
Salman Khan is one of the leaders in the world of video teaching. His global internet school contains thousands of free video tutorials that are watched by millions of people every month from all over the world.
In Norway Anne Cathrine Gotaas makes video lessons on mathematics, to help teach her students at an Oslo high school. She too has “flipped” her lessons and her methods have been recognised internationally.
- 1Shame on you Europe. Silent heroes in France’s other ‘jungle’
- 2Determined youth of Poland use social media to battle right-wing shift
- 3Bright ideas: Exploring the importance of light on learning
- 4Jaroslaw Kulczycki: ‘Freedom of speech in Polish public media is at danger’
- 5Sweden’s warm welcome for refugees starting to cool
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Partnering to grow Europe
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 10‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 11Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 15latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 18French language revolution in France
- 192015 | archives : euronews
- 20Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
latest Learning World
Bright ideas: Exploring the importance of light on learning
Setting emergency standards for aid and education
Dealing with diversity in the classroom
Innovative teaching to promote sustainability
Afghan education campaigner Sakena Yacoobi: “Companies and universities need to work together”