16/11/12 15:12 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Moscow’s Gorky Park has inaugurated its newly enlarged ice-rink, billed as Europe’s biggest.
Special technology allows the rink to remain open through till the middle of March, and between now and then, tens of thousands of people are expected to come from far and wide to take a turn.
“The ice rink is much bigger compared to last year,” says the park’s director Olga Zaharova. “It was 15,000 square meters and now it is 18,000 square meters. The Ice rink is located around the fountain square. I think the atmosphere is excellent aand when you can skate around a huge fountain and move towards the romantic lanes.”
The expected hordes may be a romance killer for some seeking magic moments together but authorities say with the extra space and facilities on offer there is something for everyone.
Latest world news
Forensic teams identify victims of Ataturk airport attack as relatives mourn
Black box confirms smoke on board doomed EgyptAir flight
Russia extends ban on Western food products
Atatürk Airport attack – why did it happen?
Nicola Sturgeon gets ‘sympathetic’ reception in Brussels over Brexit
Wires > News
- 04:38 CET North Korea’s Dear Respected Comrade leader gets a new title
- 03:12 CET At Pacific Alliance summit, Chile warns against isolationism
- 02:26 CET U.S. says Russian ship raised false signal in incident
- 02:22 CET U.S.-led strikes pound Islamic State in Iraq, kill 250 fighters
- 01:42 CET North America leaders mount strong defence of trade despite threats
- 01:34 CET Japan plans July fighter jet tender seen worth $40 billion as…
- 01:03 CET Home-grown militants and ex-major behind Bangladesh attacks…
- 00:48 CET Brazil could dismiss Rousseff the day before Olympics ends