The brakes have eased on Europe’s new car market. The European Automobile Manufacturers Association’s figures show the market shrank at a slower pace in October than in recent months.
But there were double-digit dips for nearly all the big car makers as buyers remained cautious in the economic gloom.
October’s decline may have been the second-smallest in a year but Peugeot, Renault and GM Opel are struggling to cut costs and survive the chill of the market.
Even Europe’s best selling brand Volkswagen posted a dip in sales.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 10Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
Wires > Business
- 04:57 CET Greece not playing a game of chicken on debt – Kotzias
- 02:15 CET Barclays must face U.S. fraud lawsuit tied to ‘dark pool’ probe
- 01:31 CET Insight – Flash crash charges garner increasing skepticism in…
- 00:19 CET Collapse of Comcast cable deal may chasten Wall Street, for a while
- 00:10 CET No U.S.-Japan trade breakthrough expected during Abe visit – White…
- 23:40 CET BlackBerry considers closing Sweden operations
- 23:32 CET Deutsche to cut investment bank, hive off Postbank in revamp
- 23:08 CET EU antitrust case against Google based on 19 complainants – sources