The brakes have eased on Europe’s new car market. The European Automobile Manufacturers Association’s figures show the market shrank at a slower pace in October than in recent months.
But there were double-digit dips for nearly all the big car makers as buyers remained cautious in the economic gloom.
October’s decline may have been the second-smallest in a year but Peugeot, Renault and GM Opel are struggling to cut costs and survive the chill of the market.
Even Europe’s best selling brand Volkswagen posted a dip in sales.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 8UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 9Latest News Bulletin
- 10Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 11Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 12ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 13Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 14Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 15:08 CET No ‘viable’ alternative to QE seen for the ECB – Reuters poll
- 14:53 CET Man Group’s China chief assisting police probe – Bloomberg
- 14:52 CET Exclusive – Citi aims to boost equities franchise amid industry…
- 14:16 CET Low inflation in Europe puts spotlight on ECB
- 14:15 CET Analysis – Venture capital cash surfers may see waves recede in…
- 14:02 CET Arcelor Mittal South Africa to close mills, review largest plant
- 14:02 CET Toshiba CEO says newfound accounting errors not huge
- 11:38 CET Poll – China funds cut equity allocations to lowest on record