The brakes have eased on Europe’s new car market. The European Automobile Manufacturers Association’s figures show the market shrank at a slower pace in October than in recent months.
But there were double-digit dips for nearly all the big car makers as buyers remained cautious in the economic gloom.
October’s decline may have been the second-smallest in a year but Peugeot, Renault and GM Opel are struggling to cut costs and survive the chill of the market.
Even Europe’s best selling brand Volkswagen posted a dip in sales.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > Business
- 04:23 CET Proxy advisor urges Samsung C&T holders to reject $8 billion merger
- 04:02 CET UK manufacturing growth hits two-year low in June – PMI
- 03:33 CET Affinity, Carlyle among four shortlisted for Tesco South Korea…
- 02:32 CET Brazil’s Petrobras sells $25 million stake in oil, gas field
- 01:58 CET BOJ tankan – Japan firms expect CPI to rise 1.4 percent a year…
- 01:32 CET Deloitte to pay $1 million to resolve SEC auditor independence…
- 01:15 CET Jaguar Land Rover signs partnership to build cars in Austria
- 01:09 CET Companies should invest more in workforce to ease UK productivity…