The brakes have eased on Europe’s new car market. The European Automobile Manufacturers Association’s figures show the market shrank at a slower pace in October than in recent months.
But there were double-digit dips for nearly all the big car makers as buyers remained cautious in the economic gloom.
October’s decline may have been the second-smallest in a year but Peugeot, Renault and GM Opel are struggling to cut costs and survive the chill of the market.
Even Europe’s best selling brand Volkswagen posted a dip in sales.
- 1Former Greek finance minister confirms there was a secret ‘Grexit’ plan
- 2Golden shot: China shocks the commodities market with reserves revelation
- 3Oil price stability on the horizon as companies cut jobs and costs
- 4Microsoft says Windows 10 is a “new era” in personal computing
- 5Chinese stock meltdown and Windows 10 debut
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Latest News Bulletin
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far
Wires > Business
- 07:06 CET U.N. monitors accuse British oil firm of ‘payoffs’ to Somali…
- 07:04 CET With final defendant, Madoff criminal case comes to an end
- 06:08 CET New analysis underscores improving pharma R&D productivity
- 05:53 CET BOJ’s Iwata sees no risks posed by expected Fed, BoE rate hikes
- 05:21 CET Samsung glamour days over as it fights to save mobile market share
- 04:44 CET China’s import growth to remain sluggish – trade ministry
- 00:47 CET Pimco says may face SEC action over fund Bill Gross once ran
- 23:37 CET U.S. Dept of Justice initiates criminal probe against Deutsche…