The Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has launched a stinging attack on Israel over its military strikes on Gaza.
In a live televised address, he accused Israel of not being interested in peace or concerned with finding a solution for security and lasting stability in the region.
“The aggression today is against all the Palestinians, against our nation, it should not be described an attack against Hamas or Jihad, the attacks and aggression are against all of us,” he said. “These difficult days will make us work harder towards reconciliation, and to unite in the face of the enemy,” Abbas added.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1International investigators reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine
- 2Ukrainian prime minister’s triumphant speech after resignation rejected
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Fresh Israeli shelling hits UN school injuring scores of children
- 5Rosetta the comet hunter arrives at its target
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 3Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
Wires > News
- 06:21 CET Gas blast in Taiwan kills 24, injures 271, topples buildings
- 05:15 CET Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- 02:42 CET Sudanese woman who had faced execution for conversion arrives in…
- 02:07 CET For wandering tankers with $300 million of Kurdish crude, end-game…
- 00:47 CET Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729
- 00:01 CET Iraqi Kurds, battling Islamist threat, press Washington for arms
- 23:11 CET Game of thrones- Afghan leadership vacuum raises summit questions
- 20:00 CET Ukraine premier stays on, envoys agree on crash site route