The Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has launched a stinging attack on Israel over its military strikes on Gaza.
In a live televised address, he accused Israel of not being interested in peace or concerned with finding a solution for security and lasting stability in the region.
“The aggression today is against all the Palestinians, against our nation, it should not be described an attack against Hamas or Jihad, the attacks and aggression are against all of us,” he said. “These difficult days will make us work harder towards reconciliation, and to unite in the face of the enemy,” Abbas added.
- 1What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 2Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty explained
- 5EU friendly London shocked after Britain vote to leave
Latest world news
Britain’s EU Commissioner Jonathan Hill, who oversees EU Finance sector is resigning
EU foreign ministers demand quick divorce from Britain
World Anti-Doping Agency suspends Rio drug testing laboratory
Pope Francis says ‘never again’ to Armenians massacred in WWI
Obama stands by ‘back of queue’ warning on post-Brexit UK trade deal
Wires > News
- 14:28 CET Founding EU members tell Britain – let’s get this divorce done
- 14:12 CET After Islamist attacks, Tunisia’s tourism struggles
- 14:02 CET Merkel no hurry for Britain to trigger EU exit process
- 13:25 CET Tsipras blames Brexit on austerity, deficiencies in EU leadership
- 13:10 CET Turkey detains 28 people over alleged financial links to cleric…
- 12:57 CET Founding EU members urge Britain to get on with EU divorce
- 11:24 CET Palestinian leader retracts rabbis water poisoning allegation
- 10:46 CET China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan