The Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has launched a stinging attack on Israel over its military strikes on Gaza.
In a live televised address, he accused Israel of not being interested in peace or concerned with finding a solution for security and lasting stability in the region.
“The aggression today is against all the Palestinians, against our nation, it should not be described an attack against Hamas or Jihad, the attacks and aggression are against all of us,” he said. “These difficult days will make us work harder towards reconciliation, and to unite in the face of the enemy,” Abbas added.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Five more years for Bouteflika
- 4Ceausescu’s Bucharest pleasuredome up for sale
- 5Ukraine: Pro-Russian separatists offered amnesty if they disarm
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 08:59 CET Search resumes after Everest’s worst climbing tragedy
- 01:35 CET Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid- state
- 00:19 CET Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- 23:39 CET Besieged Muslims face murder, starvation in Central African…
- 22:28 CET Special Report – How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- 21:54 CET Algeria’s ailing Bouteflika wins re-election
- 21:30 CET Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- 20:50 CET Italy gives wife, daughter, of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status