The Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has launched a stinging attack on Israel over its military strikes on Gaza.
In a live televised address, he accused Israel of not being interested in peace or concerned with finding a solution for security and lasting stability in the region.
“The aggression today is against all the Palestinians, against our nation, it should not be described an attack against Hamas or Jihad, the attacks and aggression are against all of us,” he said. “These difficult days will make us work harder towards reconciliation, and to unite in the face of the enemy,” Abbas added.
Latest world news
Brazil: Senate committee approves report recommending Rousseff’s impeachment
Turkish journalists sentenced for revealing state secrets
Hungary’s PM Orban slams plans for migrant quota fines
Sadiq Khan set to become London’s first Muslim mayor
Turkey: journalist speaks out against those ‘targeting’ him after Istanbul shooting
Wires > News
- 00:20 CET Images show possible preparations for North Korea nuclear test -…
- 22:14 CET Turkish journalists jailed for five years, hours after courthouse…
- 20:38 CET Panama Papers source breaks silence, denies being a spy -…
- 20:27 CET China takes first step in $1 billion pledge to U.N. to fund peace…
- 20:25 CET Egypt gives Italy phone records of union chief – source
- 19:58 CET Russia says U.S.-Georgian military exercises could destabilise…
- 19:56 CET U.S. says it is committed to keeping Aleppo truce in place beyond…
- 19:40 CET Brazil Senate committee votes for Rousseff to stand trial