Spain’s Dani Sordo will return to Citroen for the 2013 World Rally Championship season after two years with the Provide-run Mini team.
The 29-year-old clinched the Junior title in 2005 with Citroen before joining the French team as Sebastian Loeb’s number two during the following season.
The reigning champions had been looking for a new driver following Loeb’s decision to compete in only four or five rallies in 2013.
Sordo will line-up alongside this year’s runner up, Mikko Hirvonen, who will become Citroen’s main driver when the season gets underway in Monte Carlo on January 15.
- 1Champions League preview: revenge in the air as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to do battle
- 2Nine-time champion Nadal withdraws from French Open
- 3[LIVE BLOG] Champions League final: Real vs Atlético
- 4Giro d’Italia: Nibali wins stage 19 as Chaves takes over race lead
- 5Mourinho ready to manage ‘giants’ Manchester United
- 1Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 2European Aquatics Championships: Pellegrini defends 200 metres freestyle title to add more gold to Italian tally
- 3Spills and thrills as Lorenzo takes lead in MotoGP
- 4European Aquatics Championships: Boglarka wins fourth gold as Hungary top medal table
- 5The Corner: The winners and losers from Europe’s Cup finals weekend
Japanese masterclass on the Guadalajara tatami
[LIVE BLOG] Champions League final: Real vs Atlético
Champions League preview: revenge in the air as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to do battle
Giro d’Italia: Nibali wins stage 19 as Chaves takes over race lead
Nine-time champion Nadal withdraws from French Open
Wires > Sport
- 20:25 CET South Africa name new-look squad for Ireland tests
- 20:12 CET Diame fires Hull back to the Premier League
- 19:47 CET Verstappen hits a learning curve in Monaco
- 19:20 CET Messi’s pain eases, recovery time unclear – Argentina doctor
- 19:01 CET Misfortune is now the norm, says glum Hamilton
- 18:48 CET Older and wiser Colsaerts seeks to recapture past glories
- 18:46 CET Saracens hold off Exeter fightback to complete double
- 18:35 CET Russia says eight athletes positive in London 2012 re-tests