15/11/12 15:35 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has spoken of his determination to bring an end to Hamas’ attacks.
“In the past 24 hours Israel has made it clear that it will not tolerate rocket and missile attack on civilians. I hope that Hamas and the other terror organisations in Gaza got the message. If not, Israel is prepared to take whatever action is necessary to defend our people,” he said.
He also said Israel had the right to defend itself. Netanyahu’s cabinet has now granted authorisation for the mobilisation of military reserves if required to press the offensive, dubbed “Pillar of Defence” in English and “Pillar of Cloud” in Hebrew after the Israelites’ divine sign of deliverance in Exodus
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
- 3Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 4Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 5Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu confirms he will step down at AK Party Congress on 22 May
Wires > News
- 17:52 CET In Beirut vote, old parties face new challenge
- 17:47 CET Irish parliament to vote on re-electing PM Kenny on Friday
- 17:39 CET Militants stage attacks between Libyan stronghold of Sirte and…
- 17:35 CET Truce takes hold in Aleppo but fighting rages nearby
- 16:57 CET Women’s wisdom crucial to beating climate change, researchers say
- 16:41 CET Anguished Republicans wrestle with whether to support Trump for…
- 16:23 CET Italy PM Renzi’s ally, Tiscali head, convicted of tax evasion
- 16:16 CET Greek parliament to vote on tax, pension reforms before Eurogroup…