Video footage shows the reaction in Israel to the latest rocket attacks by Palestinian militant group Hamas.
One woman is visibly upset as an Israeli anti-missile system is activated, suggesting further rockets have been launched from Gaza.
Three people were killed when this four storey residential building was hit in a town 25 kilometres north of Gaza.
They were the first Israeli casualties of the latest conflict.
Witnesses say Hamas fired several rockets over the border overnight.
Israel’s Iron Dome interceptor has shot down more than 30 missiles and the Israeli military says it has destroyed much of Gaza’s long-range rocket stockpile during its own strikes.
- 1Istanbul attack: suspects thought to come from former USSR
- 2Slovakia attacks EU post-Brexit direction on eve of taking over presidency
- 3Putin rejects new arms race and builds bridges with Turkey
- 4Critics round on Boris Johnson after Gove wields Brexit knife
- 5Austria: Constitutional Court rules fresh presidential run-off vote must be held
Latest world news
British, US and European bond yields tumble on the prospect of lower interest rates
The UK needs a Brexit prime minister – Gove
Austria: Constitutional Court rules fresh presidential run-off vote must be held
Firefighting plane lost in Russia
Will Brexit help him? Australian PM calls for stability ahead of tight general election
Wires > News
- 15:07 CET Austrian election re-run likely to be in September or October -…
- 14:51 CET Pakistan warns of ‘blowback’ from moving too fast against militants
- 14:36 CET Junta-ruled Thailand says it will buy three Chinese submarines
- 14:13 CET Al Qaeda leader warns of ‘gravest consequences’ if Boston marathon…
- 14:04 CET Delays in Britain forming a government would hurt them and us -…
- 13:56 CET Slovenian foreign minister offers resignation over border issue -…
- 13:48 CET EU’s Juncker after Brexit – ‘Everyone wants EU reforms – but what…
- 13:46 CET Syria rebels retake key town in western coastal province -…