Peter Greenaway is back with a new concoction of beautiful costumes in a historical background and a plot centring on sex.
Set in 1590 it tells the tale of an illustrator of erotic books and deals in a heady mix of sex, religion and art.
Talking about the film, Peter Greenaway said:
“You would think religion would be life-enhancing and about procreation and about the future and about everything to do with fecundity. But you know as well as I do, Christianity finds sex a very, very difficult subject, witness all the stupidities of Adam and Eve in the Genesis, which of course are exemplified in the film. So, it’s a critique if you like. Maybe it’s a critique that’s now dead because most people in Europe are now atheists and the Vatican has given up on Europe now. It concentrates on those people who still have a sense of superstition.”
The film is currently doing the rounds of the film festivals, presumably looking for distribution.
For more details see
For the trailer see
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 20Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job