Social networks, online marketing and mobile technologies were all the buzz at the Electronic Business Group (EBG) event in Paris on Wednesday, November 14th. Hundreds of senior marketing and digital leaders from Europe’s biggest brands gathered for the occasion under the cast iron arches of the “Grande Halle de la Villette.”
An international crowd of guests and speakers came to learn from one another and share experiences. “The guests working for multinational brands offer interesting feedback on this year’s topic,” Mobile, Social & Big Data, Benjamin Glaesener, EBG General Manager told euronews.
“EBG was born in 1998, at the time of the internet bubble to offer a neutral place for discussion and exchange” to large corporations when many of them hopped onto the digital wagon, Glaesener explained. The mission lasts to this day, and gets frequent updates with innovations like social networks. For instance, on Wednesday, James Quarles, Facebook EMEA regional director gave a keynote speech on branding on Facebook.
Among the other digital big shots present at the event is Yammer, a tech company that sets up internal private social networks for over 200,000 corporations worldwide. This success led Microsoft to acquire Yammer in June 2012 for 1.2 bn dollars.
Georg Ell, Yammer EMEA General Manager (shown above), also shared his experiences with the EBG crowd. He told euronews “Microsoft did not fly someone over to take over Yammer’s European branch”. Instead, Ell now leads a team of Europeans nested in the heart of London’s “Tech City”. The St John’s College graduate says he doesn’t see Europe lagging behind the US anymore in terms of new technologies: “while it lacks a true single market and a common language, unlike the US, Europe now has spaces, money and talents” needed to launch tech companies and start-ups.
It is those talents, and many others, that are gathered at EBG. Gökhan Salmanoğlu, Neobusiness and Digital Coordinator for Pfizer Turkey came all the way from Istanbul to speak about “business-to-business” mobile apps. Salmanoğlu, who is used to such events, says EBG has exceeded his expectations with “the guests, all senior people from major brands, media, industries. The panel discussions and speeches, split between mobile and social, were interesting too.” What did he like the most? “The ambition of the EBG event to gather “the 1,000 digital leaders in Europe.”
Euronews also covered the 2nd day of the EBG event. Story to come soon.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 2Turkey said to offer Russia cooperation over Syria to reduce tension
- 3Taking the Arctic route: migrants cycle from Russia to Norway
- 4Former head of the UN General Assembly charged with corruption
- 5German media demands the ‘real’ numbers for the refugee influx
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5ISIL operations centre in Idlib, Syria ‘destroyed’ by Russian airstrike
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 9Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Latest world news
Paris refuse collection strike ends after four days
Yemen wedding brothers killed in rocket strike
Clashes erupt between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers in Tulkarm
Albanian migrants return home after asylum applications are rejected by Germany
France launches campaign against jihadist brainwashing
Wires > News
- 22:28 CET Syria extends offensive to retake territory in west
- 22:25 CET U.N. to audit its dealings with entities tied to alleged bribe…
- 22:24 CET FBI says it disrupted activities of dozens of potential IS recruits
- 21:58 CET Guinea president says weekend election to proceed
- 21:56 CET EU gets tough on expelling migrants, talks to neighbours
- 21:53 CET Mayor of Rome resigns over expenses scandal
- 21:28 CET No place left to die on Greece’s Lesbos for refugees lost at sea
- 21:21 CET France train attack hero Stone stabbed in California