BP has pleaded guilty to criminal misconduct, including 11 felony charges and will pay a record US criminal penalty of 4.5 billion dollars after a plea bargain in the Deepwater Horizon case.
The deal will end any future Federal BP prosecution, but it faces further charges of what the Department of Justice calls “reckless management…constituting gross negligence” in a civil case starting in February.
If found guilty of gross negligence, it could nearly quadruple BP’s civil damages.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
latest economy news
Amazon to stop selling Apple and Google streaming devices
US jobs growth stumbles, fueling economy fears
More deflation fears as eurozone industrial producer prices fall
Household spending up in Japan, easing recession fears
Air France plans ‘significant’ job cuts after pilot talks break down
Wires > Business
- 05:04 CET Asia stocks rise as weak U.S. jobs dampen prospects of Fed hike
- 04:06 CET World Bank trims 2015, 2016 East Asia forecasts, cites China, …
- 03:15 CET Greece to unveil painful 2016 draft budget
- 02:48 CET BBC probe reveals working condition issues at Sports Direct
- 00:12 CET Global regulators finalise new capital rule for big insurers
- 00:01 CET Turbine maker Nordex buys Acciona’s wind power business
- 23:05 CET World Bank’s Kim to ask members for capital injection – FT
- 22:49 CET Rolls-Royce to cut 400 marine division jobs – FT