BP has pleaded guilty to criminal misconduct, including 11 felony charges and will pay a record US criminal penalty of 4.5 billion dollars after a plea bargain in the Deepwater Horizon case.
The deal will end any future Federal BP prosecution, but it faces further charges of what the Department of Justice calls “reckless management…constituting gross negligence” in a civil case starting in February.
If found guilty of gross negligence, it could nearly quadruple BP’s civil damages.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 13:05 CET UK shares head for worst one-day fall in over a week
- 13:01 CET Ireland to raise growth forecast, appoint central bank head soon -…
- 12:58 CET BG puts its Thai gas field stake worth $1.2 billion on sale -…
- 12:57 CET Insulin infusion device maker CeQur raises $100 million
- 12:46 CET U.S. law firm targets Google foes for private damages claims
- 12:11 CET IMF’s Lagarde sees weaker than expected global economic growth
- 12:06 CET Weak China August factory, services point to further economic…
- 11:14 CET Aga saga sizzles as Whirlpool weighs rival bid