Unemployment in the UK has fallen to its lowest level for over a year, but the number of people claiming jobseeker’s allowance showed its sharpest rise since September last year.
The numbers claiming jobless benefit rose by 10,100 last month.
It believed the increase is due to the jobs boost from the summer Olympics having faded.
The number of people without a job fell by almost 50,000 in the three months to September.
- 1Brazil: dam collapse lawsuit seeks billions from mining companies
- 2‘iStruggle’ – how Apple Is trying to get its groove back
- 3Services and construction jobs reduce Spanish unemployment total for April
- 4All signs point to weaker Q2 growth for the eurozone
- 5Where’s the money? UN tax haven report details billions moving around the world
latest economy news
All signs point to weaker Q2 growth for the eurozone
Services and construction jobs reduce Spanish unemployment total for April
Where’s the money? UN tax haven report details billions moving around the world
IMF sub-Saharan Africa 2016 outlook sees weaker growth
ECB’s Draghi defends low rates policy against German complaints
Wires > Business
- 03:59 CET Barclays begins offloading Africa business with 12 percent stake…
- 03:55 CET China April services sector expansion slows, employment rebounds -…
- 03:37 CET Australia clears AB Inbev’s $100 billion SABMiller buyout plan
- 03:05 CET Incoming Rio Tinto head sees tough operating environment ahead
- 01:16 CET Hong Kong cracks down on illegal money flows from China trade
- 23:25 CET Owner of Virgin Media plans a 500,000 pounds donation to UK’s ‘In‘…
- 22:43 CET Exclusive – Big data breaches found at major email services: expert
- 21:09 CET Merkel says working for U.S.-EU trade deal this year