Unemployment in the UK has fallen to its lowest level for over a year, but the number of people claiming jobseeker’s allowance showed its sharpest rise since September last year.
The numbers claiming jobless benefit rose by 10,100 last month.
It believed the increase is due to the jobs boost from the summer Olympics having faded.
The number of people without a job fell by almost 50,000 in the three months to September.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 11Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
latest economy news
German investor confidence nosedives after VW emissions scandal
AB InBev and SABMiller agree takeover deal to create new beer giant
Facebook says UK corporation tax payment of just £4,327 was legal
Poland opens gas terminal seeking to end Russian dependence
Partial sale of Poste Italiene is ‘biggest privatisation in a decade’
Wires > Business
- 15:31 CET Tyco hires Dish CFO Robert Olson as finance head
- 15:26 CET EMC to pay Dell $2 billion as breakup fee in go-shop period
- 15:20 CET Twitter to cut up to 8 percent of global workforce
- 15:20 CET Modi’s infrastructure splurge revives investment in India
- 15:18 CET GE to sell $30 billion specialty finance business to Wells Fargo
- 15:09 CET Fed’s Bullard says length of expansion does not mean recession is…
- 14:57 CET Credit Suisse cuts forecast for global household wealth growth
- 14:40 CET Swiss seek 5 percent leverage ratio for big banks – Bloomberg