Unemployment in the UK has fallen to its lowest level for over a year, but the number of people claiming jobseeker’s allowance showed its sharpest rise since September last year.
The numbers claiming jobless benefit rose by 10,100 last month.
It believed the increase is due to the jobs boost from the summer Olympics having faded.
The number of people without a job fell by almost 50,000 in the three months to September.
Wires > Business
- 04:50 CET Abe tells party official Japan will delay tax hike by…
- 04:37 CET AirAsia has had $1 billion takeover offer for leasing unit – report
- 03:19 CET Oil prices rise on start of peak U.S. demand season
- 03:14 CET Australia new homes sales fall in April – industry survey
- 03:13 CET Australia new homes sales fall in April – industry survey
- 02:14 CET Dollar/yen hits 1-month high after Yellen builds rate hike…
- 01:46 CET New credit card scrutiny sends Indonesians back to cash
- 01:28 CET Australia shares seen extending gains, NZ shares steady in early…