Unemployment in the UK has fallen to its lowest level for over a year, but the number of people claiming jobseeker’s allowance showed its sharpest rise since September last year.
The numbers claiming jobless benefit rose by 10,100 last month.
It believed the increase is due to the jobs boost from the summer Olympics having faded.
The number of people without a job fell by almost 50,000 in the three months to September.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 7Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 16:42 CET Man Group’s China chief assisting police probe – Bloomberg
- 16:34 CET Google, Sanofi team up to improve diabetes care
- 15:48 CET ArcelorMittal South Africa to close mills, review largest plant
- 15:08 CET No ‘viable’ alternative to QE seen for the ECB – Reuters poll
- 14:52 CET Exclusive – Citi aims to boost equities franchise amid industry…
- 14:16 CET Low inflation in Europe puts spotlight on ECB
- 14:15 CET Analysis – Venture capital cash surfers may see waves recede in…
- 14:02 CET Toshiba CEO says newfound accounting errors not huge