The rain is now tapering off and water levels are beginning to drop in Italy. Three days of torrential downpours have left large parts of the northern and central regions of the country underwater.
At least four people have been killed.
Tuscany has been particularly badly affected. Here in the village of Albinia, 800 people have been evacuated from their homes.
The flood waters have also reached the capital, Rome. The Tiber has burst its banks north of the capital, but the centre is being kept safe by high embankment walls.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 5Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 18Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 10:53 CET Suicide bomber blows himself up in heart of Damascus – army
- 10:07 CET Gangnam Style: South Korea set to demolish slum in shadows of…
- 09:58 CET Insight – Thai police arrest Rohingya man suspected of running…
- 09:44 CET Indonesian regency separates sexes in schools, next up motorbikes
- 09:42 CET Police shoot dead two gunmen at Texas exhibit of Prophet Mohammad…
- 08:16 CET China’s Xi calls for “equal” political talks with Taiwan
- 07:29 CET China, Taiwan to seek cooperation as heads of ruling parties meet
- 07:05 CET Philippines says Islamist militant was killed by followers