Italian tyre manufacturer Pirelli has launched a new product – Cyber Fleet is an intelligent tyre designed for lorries that uses an electronic sensor to supply real-time data on the tyre’s condition and the vehicle’s geographical position.
The Tyre Mounted Sensor (TMS), transmits information about the tyre to a control unit inside the vehicle. Having it correctly inflated ensures good steering, braking and cornering, as well as lowering running costs by cutting fuel consumption and extending the tyre’s lifespan.
The system transmits data to the truck driver and fleet manager who can then carry out diagnostics and repairs, guaranteeing maximum safety for each heavy vehicle. Interpreting the data is not left solely to the truck driver – the fleet manager can organise the safety of the entire fleet from a remote position.
Pirelli is already testing its first generation of Cyber Tyre on lorries in Brazil.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast