Microsoft executive, Steven Sinofsky has left the world’s largest software company barely two weeks after launching the flagship Window 8.
The 23-year veteran of the company has refused to comment on his departure with insiders saying his exit was, “mutual”.
The 47-year-old was widely tipped to become the next chief executive of Microsoft which has been struggling to keep pace with Apple and Google in mobile computing. “Shocking news;” was one analysts reaction.
Wires > Business
- 10:08 CET French growth brisker than first thought in first quarter
- 09:53 CET Boeing set to win 2-billion-pound contract from UK MoD – the…
- 09:47 CET How Wellcome and Gates charities profit from helping biotech
- 09:43 CET PostNL shares surge after confirming merger talks with BPost
- 09:35 CET China’s January-April rail freight volume down 7.9 percent…
- 09:32 CET German negotiated wages rise by 2.1 percent in first quarter
- 09:31 CET Spain preliminary consumer prices drop 1.1 percent in May after…
- 09:25 CET Oil prices dip on strong dollar, rising Canadian output