Microsoft executive, Steven Sinofsky has left the world’s largest software company barely two weeks after launching the flagship Window 8.
The 23-year veteran of the company has refused to comment on his departure with insiders saying his exit was, “mutual”.
The 47-year-old was widely tipped to become the next chief executive of Microsoft which has been struggling to keep pace with Apple and Google in mobile computing. “Shocking news;” was one analysts reaction.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 04:45 CET Russia, Venezuela seek to combat shared oil price woes
- 04:41 CET Putin urges investors to invest in Russia’s Far East
- 03:55 CET Bwin board now prefers GVC’s buyout offer over 888’s – the…
- 03:32 CET Japan wages rise in July, seen in steady uptrend – government
- 03:15 CET Russia’s Polyus Gold CEO says interested in firm remaining public
- 02:44 CET Foreign investors navigate turmoil in Chinese markets with new…
- 02:24 CET Japan’s Amari: falls in China stocks don’t reflect fundamentals
- 01:05 CET UK’s August retail sales fall is biggest decline in seven years -…