At least four people are now known to have died after severe floods hit northern and central Italy.
Several people are still missing following heavy rains which caused local rivers to burst their banks.
The worst affected regions were Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio.
Nearly three-quarters of Venice has been flooded after water levels there reached record highs.
Shops, homes and historic palaces were filled with water including the famous St Mark’s Square.
There are now fears that the Arno and Tevere rivers could be next to burst their banks.
Tuscany’s governor has called in the army to help in rescue efforts.
In one town, more than 200 people had to leave their homes and take refuge in emergency shelters.
Across the region, thousands of people have been left without power.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 11Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 12Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 19Latest News Bulletin
- 20[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament
Wires > News
- 00:48 CET Burundi votes in boycott-hit poll; blasts, gunfire heard
- 00:34 CET U.S. spy agency wiretapped two French finance ministers – Wikileaks
- 00:33 CET Car bomb in Yemeni capital hits mourners, dozens wounded
- 23:59 CET Insight – France bets on Arab Sunni states as Iran nuclear deal…
- 23:54 CET Yemeni forces launch Scud missile at Saudi Arabia – Yemen military…
- 23:42 CET ICC prosecutor pleads for U.N. Security Council to act on Darfur…
- 23:22 CET Four Israelis wounded in suspected Palestinian West Bank shooting
- 21:49 CET Israel blocks foreign activist flotilla from reaching Gaza